Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok heres a list of the parts i think i need for my d16y8. if im missing anything
or dont need please give me your input and thoughts.

vitara pistons arp headbolt studs and connecting rods from goautoworks
t3 turbonetics not sure what size or what ever i need to be at the 300 to 350 hp mark
4bar map from goautoworks
wastegate not sure what size but thinking of goautoworks
bov i was thinking hks im looking for the loudest but also reliable
intercooler not sure from who yet
p28 and jumper harness from mainstream performance
catch can not sure from who
downpipe not sure from who
log mani from go autoworks
thinking of a turbo timer not sure yet
fuel pump walbro from go auto works
fuel rail thinking of going with aem but not possitive yet
boost controller im still looking wanting to go with digital tho
and that is all i can think of. ive read on here that my stock cam and valves are good up to 400 hp i think(if im wrong please tell me)but i think im going to get the 3 angel valve job done since ill have my motor that far apart anyways.

as i have said i dont want to go over the 350 hp mark. but it will be a dd and i dont think i need any more than that.
taxes are coming up very soon and that is when im planning on doing this build.
also where can i find a decent body kit? i bought my car and it has a fiberglass kit on it and i hate fiberglass kits.
i also know that i need my block notched and can get that done at 60$. hope that isnt a bad price but its the only place i know of around my area thats close to me.

if anyone has any input or ideas or if im missing something please let me know. i dont want to buy a bunch of junk,i want to buy once and do it right the first time.
thanks for everyones input and/or thoughts. :bigok:

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
You will never need a 4BAR MAP sensor with that sized turbo and Vitaras. Using one with that wide of a range on something driven on the street is going to lead to resolution issues with the ECU, needlessly. A 2.5BAR Motorola sensor makes much more sense for your power goals and likely a turbo sized for that power level.

You won't need a fuel rail unless you need more than a Walbro fuel pump.

A good cam, portwork and valve job will certainly make the engine more efficient. I wouldn't move up to larger valves on a VTEC head unless you can pay someone to properly deshroud them with chamber work. (This is my primary reason why I dislike VTEC-style D-series heads.)

Block notching is a simple thing to do with a Dremel or die grinder. $60 isn't a bad price, though, if you are deathly afraid of the simplest block mod on the planet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response acid beaver! I hate to
Bother you but does this list sound like it complete then?
If I missed anything else please let me know.
And again thanks for the help and advice ppl!

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you are going to buy a log manifold from GO-autoworks, and are unsure about a downpipe... why not get a mani/downpipe/dump combo? That way everything goes together and is a bolt up situation.

And about the intercooler, CXracing makes a intercooler kit. It includes all charge pipes, intercooler, greddy style bov, silicone couplers, and T-bolts. All for a fairly cheap price, i think this is a great way to get started

Like Acid beaver said, i think the 4 bar map is a little over kill. I personally went with the 3bar... you will never need more than that with your power goals.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how about this set up from cx racing
cxracing.com: HONDA CIVIC/INTEGRA D15 D16 Turbo Kit 16PC RAM HORN
then just upgrade the t3 turbonetics turbo or does anyone thnk it wont hold up to a t3 turbonetics? or will i have a hard time finding a turbo to fit that set up?
thank you boostincx for your input! and you as well acid beaver!!!
and thank you everyone who has taken time to read my posts!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you are going to upgrade the turbo why not just do it right all in one package. You are still going to need a clutch, injectors, tunable ecu, wideband.. ect. I would plan on spending between 3000-4000 total depending on what you buy... can't just slap on a $700 ebay kit and go. Stay away from those ebay tubular manifolds!

GO-AUTOWORKS Turbo Kits

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Go has pretty much everything you'll need, and they know what works with what everything. Buying stuff from all over may be "cheaper" but you'll end up taking a lot longer getting things put together.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
If you are going to upgrade the turbo why not just do it right all in one package. You are still going to need a clutch, injectors, tunable ecu, wideband.. ect. I would plan on spending between 3000-4000 total depending on what you buy... can't just slap on a $700 ebay kit and go. Stay away from those ebay tubular manifolds!

GO-AUTOWORKS Turbo Kits

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im going to have about $2500 to $3000 into this build. it is about all i can afford really and that will b at tax time.
ok i should have said this befor in this post... fvck ebay!!! nothing but junk.
i am going to go with a act stage 2 clutch.
walbro fuel pump,aem fuel rail not so sure on the injectors yet.
and yes i know its not as easy as just slapping parts togther, that is why im trying to get as much info as i can and seeing what ppls opinions are on things they have used or things they have run into as far as problems.i want to build it and make sure its right the first time. but at the same time i just dont want to end up with a blown motor cause i ended up with junk.
that is the reason i want everyones opinions and feed back from all the parts they have used. which parts are good and which are ok and which are nothing but shitty junk.
i have nothing but time on my hands and im willing to do what it takes to get this done the right way the first time. im taking my car off the road for a month or so so i can do just that. im in no big hurry and thats why i want to get all this info.
so please give me your help and input on parts and such as i have stated.
eventually i want to be able to help others as well when i learn everything i can from this wonderful site.
thanks in advance for any and all input and ideas and suggestions!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my bad i guess i should have said what car. its a 98 civic with d16y8. it has about 130,000 miles on it. im going to do the timing belt and new hoses next week. i just put new wires plugs and cap and button on it a cpl days ago.
the guy that owned it befor me put a fuel gauge on it under the hood. not exactly sure why. makes me wonder if theres any internal work done to it.
i also just put new coilovers on it. im looking for either a new body kit or go back to factory body back on it. if ya check my profile out you will see what it looks like and that was the way i bought it. i like the style of the body kit but i dont like fiberglass which is whats on it now. he had gotten rid of the original bumpers and side skirts befor i bought it.
it has a 99 si hood on it. si headlights,tail lights and wing. the hood dont sit straight and it looks like junk, the fenders sit crooked and not lined up. so im thinking it has si fenders on it to get the headlights to fit? and right now it is one serious project car. it also has a shorty thro in it as well.
im going monday to get a compression test done on it. my wifes car has a bad head gasket on it and its a 96 civic with a d16y7 and auto get it with about 250,000 on it and it outruns my car. smh. lmao its sad. almost down right depressing...lmao!!!
anyways. her car is getting new headgasket this week if it will stop raining.
and another thing i think is the throttle possitioning sensor problem on mine. it revs from about 900 to about 12 or 1300 in idle. aggravating. but other than that it dont smoke it dont leak oil and if im going down hill i can get some decent speed up...lmao!!!
really the thing is slow.
thats about all i can think of right now.
and once again thank you everyone for the info and the help. and also thanks for taking time to read this.

·
Registered
651 Posts
What's with wanting as body kit? Orb do you mean a lip kit

Edit : ok do I just checked your car c and yeah ditch the body kit its hideous lol.get OEM bumpers hood fenders then get Sommer black housing headlights and some Fogh lights and your good to go

1 - 13 of 13 Posts