Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I know everyone or almost everyone will say go with a chipped ecu, well ok then, I have a 96 civic ex, I know I need a p28, the conversion harness and then what, I think its called the s200 from hondata....?? what is this all about??? what do I all need to buy?? inform me!

D

·
0 Posts
just do a search on google there are some pretty cool sites that have alot of info! I think S300 is boost ready but I dont know too much about them yet Im researching too LOL

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
if your going w/hondata you can get s200 w/boost option..
or if you know the tuner in your area for hondata he can unlock those features for free for you. all the features are built in...just locked from when they install it...little secret..;)

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice, so I just need to buy the s200 with the boost option, is it a kit that needs to be wired in the ecu then?? Is that something my tuner can do?? Is is better off that I have the p28 pre-chipped with the p2p files or should I just get the ecu and just buy the hondata unit and have my tuner do the rest??

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
nice, so I just need to buy the s200 with the boost option, is it a kit that needs to be wired in the ecu then?? Is that something my tuner can do?? Is is better off that I have the p28 pre-chipped with the p2p files or should I just get the ecu and just buy the hondata unit and have my tuner do the rest??
if you have a VALID hondata dealer in your area...its basically another ECU..
i think you need to do some reading on their site right quick..
and get to know your local hondata dealer...because if you befriend him...he can unlock features for u that you are supposed to pay for...like a boost option....
www.hondata.com

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rotory20 said:
if you have a VALID hondata dealer in your area...its basically another ECU..
i think you need to do some reading on their site right quick..
and get to know your local hondata dealer...because if you befriend him...he can unlock features for u that you are supposed to pay for...like a boost option....
www.hondata.com
ok Ill look into it..... thanks Paul

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ryan89crx said:
Hondata vs Emanage??

there is NO comparison...
well for me there is, I am planning on going hondata here tho.....unless my local tuner can tune uber....

·
one of D-series.org's nicest rides
1,308 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
i thought hondata s200 was isntalled into your ecu?? and its liek a box or somethign so to say on the outside of the ecu?
i thoth s300 was directly installed inside of the ecu

s200 comes with a interface box that plugs into the ecu, s100 and s300 fits in the ecu

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
s200 is $500 with boost option, s300 is $595 for everything. Check for NEPTune dealers in your area, it does the same thing as the s300, but from I've found so far it's cheaper

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mikeD16Z6 said:
correct me if I'm wrong guys but dont you still need an obd1 ecu to run hondata?
yep, Ill need a OBDI ecu, still to get if I do go hondata, or even uber.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts