Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worthwhile? i can get one for around $195 so i was wanting to know if they were any good and how easy it is to use them?

forgot to add: i was wanting to use it for ITBs

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
they are really outdated in this day in age of tuning. but they are still decent programs... its just harder to find people to tune them now a days though.

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
bisimoto can tune them (im pretty sure)im just wondering if this program would be worth the $$$ for a decent tune for around220hp.. or do i have to get a s200

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
s100 and S200 are the same thing honestly.... just S200 comes with the datalogging box. you can use them for sure and it wont hurt anything, they are still a good program, just more outdated

·
Registered
94 integra rs
14 Posts
i have s100 in my integra and i cant find anyone close to tune it they all laugh and say how old and how its not worth 10$

imo i wouldnt buy it . but my came with the car.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
oh its worth 10$. if it is good enough to still be running a 500hp integra then its worth it.

now S300 is worth the money for sure, but on a small set up S100 wont hurt anything and will do the job perfectly fine.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
its still running a 450-500hp ls/vtec integra to this day and that car was built 2 or so years ago. there really isnt a set power that the program cant handle at all, its ran plenty of 600+ hp cars.

the advantages to a more modern program really are nice. i know that S300 has the every option already availible, along with other additions you can throw on there as in AEM wideband monitoring/tuning abilitys, boost control, boost by gear and others and is very user friendly without having to reburn chips everytime something has been changed. also it is nice to be able to see exactly what cell the engine is running in when it comes to tuning fuel and ignition tables out of the 4 cell box that you see while tuning.

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
cool so just for a temporary set up of 220 hp im good ... im on a cheap budget right now... ive had my turbo kit waiting for intstall for about a year and want to use it already lol...any experiences with AEM FIC? ( im looking to get the cheapest program that bisimoto is able to tune lol )

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
if i was ob1 i would save and run crome at least some people still tune and save your money for s300 or ectune which is the rave now a days. and just cause its whats popular among tuners out here.

·
Premium Member
The Wife and the Car
2,053 Posts
If your so sure Bisi is going to do your tune. Why not ask him what he thinks.
I run neptune. And wouldn't touch Hondata just for the fact they took PGMFI.ORG to court.
In such situations. It really dont count for squat what we guys think. They key is what your tuner thinks and likes to work with. It just pisses me off when a customer comes to me with an ECU solution he thinks rocks and asks me to tune it for him. I normally just refuse.
Now if your going to tune this your self then ask away. If somebody else is going to tune it. Then let them decide how to best match your budget.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I run neptune. And wouldn't touch Hondata just for the fact they took PGMFI.ORG to court.
In such situations. It really dont count for squat what we guys think. They key is what your tuner thinks and likes to work with. It just pisses me off when a customer comes to me with an ECU solution he thinks rocks and asks me to tune it for him. I normally just refuse.
Now if your going to tune this your self then ask away. If somebody else is going to tune it. Then let them decide how to best match your budget.
the way you feel about Hondata is the way i feel about Crome, Uberdata and Turboedit. To me Hondata has proven itself to be a good company to provide good tuning programs that are now very user friendly and easy to use in many different ways. Neptune i have not ran personally, but i do know that it is a good program for the price, there just arent many people around my area that tune it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
and you get the best customer ever, and every function works out of the box. Its definitly the best honda tuning solution

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
i can do $195 shipped. ECU is P28 iirc (and i can double check, plus provide an actual serial number), chipped/tuned by Locash for a boosted D16
Ok cool :)...but i assume i need to retune it cuz my engine is a zc/z6 minime ordo i?...R u lookung to trade for anything by the way?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts