Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just turboed my d16y8 and now dont know if i should spend the money on getting a hondata unit ecu harness and all that or just get a greddy emanage. is it really that much better or will emanage do just as fine

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Umm....keep it cheap, convert to OBD-1 and CROME. You would have to convert to OBD-1 to run Hondata anyway, and CROME will do the job.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Umm....keep it cheap, convert to OBD-1 and CROME. You would have to convert to OBD-1 to run Hondata anyway, and CROME will do the job.
of course crome is the shit its way better and a cheaper solution. the only reason i said hondata was because those were the 2 choices.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah, but given how the question is written it seems the OP wasen't aware of option 3

·
Registered
301 Posts
No the s100,my tuner tells me if you know your stuff you can have a 2 step,2 separate maps ie pump gas or race gas and a couple of other things including boost in the basic package you just gotta know how to make them work I have it and it works great,but I also have a damn good tuner

·
Registered
180 Posts
now that ya all say what crome and hondata can do ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;well say what the e-manage or ultimate can or cant do and like all the others options the greedy ultimate works and in his case why run the route as in finding harness to convert to obd1 then to get a cpu went u get just as good performance from the e-manage ;;;;;;;isnt the guy that running the 568bhp using some from of management apart from crome and hondata if i am correct i think it AEM but it choice and what u can afford to get the job dun DO YA THING

·
Registered
225 Posts
No the s100,my tuner tells me if you know your stuff you can have a 2 step,2 separate maps ie pump gas or race gas and a couple of other things including boost in the basic package you just gotta know how to make them work I have it and it works great,but I also have a damn good tuner
s100/s200/s300 uses the same software basically so the only differences are how the chip is flashed.

Emanage is terrible compared to crome or hondata but you dont have to convert to OBD-1 so youll be able to pass emissions (if you have them) that i think is the only advantage for having Emanage. Power wise ill tell you to invest in crome or hondata.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Don't forget Neptune and ECTune...
If I were you, I'd speak with your tuner, discuss your goals and go from there... If your tuner is comfortable with a particular software, he'll be able to get the most out of it...

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
If I were you, I'd speak with your tuner, discuss your goals and go from there... If your tuner is comfortable with a particular software, he'll be able to get the most out of it...
x200 talk to the guy that will be tuning it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
How is crome MUCH BETTER than hondata grease monkey. I'm not going to lie i am not all that fimiliar with crome( not saying it bad at all), but shit for it too be MUCH BETTER it must have at least in car adjustable 2 step, Full throttle shift, shift light (check engine and LED), adjustable rev-limiter, Nitrous control, and Full after Market support, for help with troubles and tunning. If it has all that AND MORE i would have to say i would switch myself. And not for nothing, but as of right now thiers not much that can fuck with the s300 besides like Aem Ems and 1-2 others. You can adjust ANYTHING with the s300, boost options, nitrous, Everything and anything can be done from driver seat. You can even catch a blowjob from the s300

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
How is crome MUCH BETTER than hondata grease monkey. I'm not going to lie i am not all that fimiliar with crome( not saying it bad at all), but shit for it too be MUCH BETTER it must have at least in car adjustable 2 step, Full throttle shift, shift light (check engine and LED), adjustable rev-limiter, Nitrous control, and Full after Market support, for help with troubles and tunning. If it has all that AND MORE i would have to say i would switch myself. And not for nothing, but as of right now thiers not much that can fuck with the s300 besides like Aem Ems and 1-2 others. You can adjust ANYTHING with the s300, boost options, nitrous, Everything and anything can be done from driver seat. You can even catch a blowjob from the s300
there's one huge advantage that crome has over hondata... IT'S FREE!!! Ie, no need to spend 500$ for the hondata system, and he can spend that money on getting a good TUNE!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts