Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hondata Gasket on Y8* Now with pics*

Ok so Ive been searching and wondering this for a while....actually i didnt even put on my heat sheild during my build cause i didnt want to run into unneeded problems...

So Im wondering when i plug the Air Injection ports on the Y8 I/M so I need to do anything to the head? or do those ports just go straight to the runners after the injector?
If needed I'll snap pics...of what ever. But Im just not sure about the lip on the head that matches up with the I/M...

Thanks

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
are you talkin about the air injection holes from the 99-00 y8?

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
im pretty sure as long as you just plug the IM hole that the gasket will seal off the hole in the head

·
Registered
809 Posts
just jb weld those holes on the IM..and it helps to buy the IM gasket specifically for the IM that you have..the 99-00 IM gasket is a little different than the 96-98 one

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well ya but the heat shield i got is for the 00 but it doesnt have that extra material on it ill take some pics im goin out the now ne way:)

·
Registered
809 Posts
oh ic..by heat shield, you mean the hondata gasket you got...i had to go to honda to buy my gasket for my 99 y8 IM...no parts store carried it...dunno if hondata makes one for the 99-00 bc when i looked for one i couldnt find it

·
Registered
809 Posts
oh ok..sorry if im wrong...just a little confused...ill check back at the pics though...ive done the '99 y8 IM swap on my '96 y7, and a mini- me swap..so i'm pretty sure with pics i could help ya out

·
Registered
809 Posts
if u plug those 4 holes, and i plugged the bigger one in the middle that connects to the nipple that sticks straight up, you should be fine using that gasket..the head is the same 96-00...so no mods will need to be done to it

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
hmmm i got a mani with the injection tube on the top but i dont got the 4 holes like that, WTF??

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts