Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, its been a grip since Ive posted on here. I have been busy with a lot of things, but still havnt lost touch with my Honda. Its still coming along nicely. I recently purchased a TRS Retrofit kit and had Trey aka hondalx97 install them. I am sure most of you have seen the FOR SALE thread regarding these. I am pleased to say I am a proud owner of a sick set of lights now. I took a pic on my blackberry before I sent these out to him. They are just your average black housing type-r replicas. I also took several after shots as well. I hope the pics do the work justice. However, I did not get a chance to install them yet. The car is in storage and parked for the year. I will be sure to snap a few after I install them back on the car. PROMISE. I would most definitely recommend Trey to anyone who wants this done on to their headlights. Nice guy to deal with!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics on car?
I wish man... I have it in storage all set to go for winter... the weather is about ready to give in. But I will def have pics come spring. There has been a few nice changes that ive added too since everyone has seen my EJ last :bigok:

·
Registered
840 Posts
thank you pauly! yeah anyone intrested just feel free to PM me whenever i'll be here and prices will be great from here on out!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright guys, Thursday is my day off and I am gonna try and get these installed. If all goes according to plan... I will take several of them on the car AND the cut-off of the HID light againts my garage door :) Soo..... Stay tuned!

·
Registered
840 Posts
:boink:

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok folks, I finally got a chance to install these. Now I was running out of day light, so the cutoff is not right... they are aimed way high and a little offset. However, they will work till next year when I get the chance to straighten them out. But anyway.... what do you guys think? They are 6k HIDs too btw... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and for the un-adjusted cutoff lol... I think im wayy too close to the garage door too ha ha my bad.... but even still you can def see the clear line....

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
^ are you asking if you can fit the projectors from them into stock headlights? probs not you can do it the other way, the denjis are shitty IMO they need better lens they retrofit easily tho

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
How come your cut off line is hell of alot higher then mine? And I adjusted mine all the way up and it isnt even close to your height. :thinking:

·
Registered
840 Posts
it could me the why your lights are sitting its really hard to get the projector to move around on the cone, it took me forever to get my adjusted properly how high do you want them to be? you have to remember they aren't sopppost to be aimed like reg. head lights.

i might have to take my out and do a DIY for adjusting them easier it can be tricky because the projector has 3 axis's to move on and you have to set them all correct so take the bottom two and push them out, and the top one in and will help you get some extra height

·
Registered
903 Posts
I am talking about the glass lens. Will it fit on a stock housing? I figured if they will then the lens will work great for a retrofit cause they are clear glass with no lines of anything.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How come your cut off line is hell of alot higher then mine? And I adjusted mine all the way up and it isnt even close to your height. :thinking:
its the hill its on and the fact I adjusted them way too high lol they def gotta go down a LOT :uh:

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
it could me the why your lights are sitting its really hard to get the projector to move around on the cone, it took me forever to get my adjusted properly how high do you want them to be? you have to remember they aren't sopppost to be aimed like reg. head lights.

i might have to take my out and do a DIY for adjusting them easier it can be tricky because the projector has 3 axis's to move on and you have to set them all correct so take the bottom two and push them out, and the top one in and will help you get some extra height
Please. That would be nice.

My cut off line is only about 15ft ahead of me. :-/

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anyone else have pics of the their final product.... even if Trey didnt install them for you? The overall quality of the product is there regardless then....

·
Registered
840 Posts
sammo take the bottom two adjustment screws and wind them all the way out. the pull the top one in as needed let me know how that works out for you

1 - 20 of 29 Posts