Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=98355&highlight=honda_k20a

I guess I'll start off by saying I am a complete noob, hoping to learn tons along the way. I thought I start a build thread on this forum, and hopefully I get tons of questions answer and help needed (which I already do from this forum) So basically, the project I am starting is a mild D16Z6 rebuild then Turbo. Forged Pistons/rods. OEM Head and other necessities. Later on the down the road would be tranny rebuild and head rebuild. So list of specs: D16Z6 CP Pistons 75.5mm FJ R Spec H-Beams Forged Rods Stock Sleeves OEM Bearings ARP Head studs Stock valvetrain or in order words, Stock Head.

Pictures:
When my co-worker delivered the motors

This isn't the turbo I'm going to use

This is basically my 'parts' motor, swapping things from to the other motor

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I started taking it apart 2-3 weeks ago and since my computer was down, I couldn't do much (I.E upload photos, forums and facebook)

Waiting for my compressor so I had to use my electric impact gun for now.

VTEC!

There it is, waiting for parts at the time.

I picked up an "EH", 92 Civic CX about middle of October. It blows oil like crazy. But inside, it has B&M SS/Si clusters

Stripped all the rear

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Lookin' good so far.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm planning on using my CX tranny first with my D16Z6, and most likely rebuilding the Si tranny below with some better gearing ratios.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lookin' good so far.
LOL. That was a quick reply, and I"m still trying to make this thread with all the photos. (Booo, 8 photos only FTL!)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally, the internal components arrived from FJT!.

ARP Bolts!

No love without the lube and I guess I can use KY if this runs out.

CP Pistons 75.5mm / CP Wrist Pins/ CP Piston Rings

So right now, I'm basically waiting to just pay off my credit card bills first and off the bottom end goes to the machine shop. It's 8:30pm right now, I live in Vancouver BC. So friday night, means partying so I'll update you all wiht my 'future' plans for next year when I get back.

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
i use my dewalt electric impact over my air impact anyday.. its strong enough to bust axle nuts strong enough for me i love it @

good luck with the build man

·
Registered
639 Posts
I likes!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would save those pistons for a full all out race motor and use viteria pistons..saves almost $300
There's no point now really, I have the pistons and rods. lol Perhaps, the next time I rebuild the other D16 block, I'll try Vitara and Darton Sleeves, etc etc. (FORESHADOW!!)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh. I have another question. Do you think if I get the Go-Autoworks Race Kit, but part out the turbo and get a GT30R, do you think it'll be worth it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I kind of want to paint the valve cover the ITR color and somehow make it that kind of 'material'

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
There's no point now really, I have the pistons and rods. lol Perhaps, the next time I rebuild the other D16 block, I'll try Vitara and Darton Sleeves, etc etc. (FORESHADOW!!)
I think you mixed something. :thinking:

CP is used commonly with fully built engine with high expectation, and also nice to sleeved to get maximum out of setup.

Vitara setup, most of them are budget build, and lower goals, no need to sleeved with this kind of built.

This guys is right, sell the cp pistons, and buy a set of vitara, forgot the sleeving and put 300$ elsewhere. It's like driving a stage 5 clutch kit and slicks on a stock engine, something overkill which give nothing more.

I don't know your entire setup, but going past 300-325whp on a d16 (which vitara setup handle well) is not something easy.

·
Registered
95 Civic EX
338 Posts
looks good keep up the good work. keep us posted. what are your goals as far as power?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know your entire setup, but going past 300-325whp on a d16 (which vitara setup handle well) is not something easy.
That's true, that's why I'm on here for the help from you all. :kiss:

What else do I need? Walbro Fuel Pump, Bigger Injectors and other fuel necessities. Boost Controller, and a crazily good Tune right? lol Yeah I'm missing quite a bit of other things.

looks good keep up the good work. keep us posted. what are your goals as far as power?
I still can't debate if I want to go to GO-Autoworks Tuner Kit or Race Kit.

For the Tuner Kit, I'm going upgrade to 3" downpipe and 2nd o2 bung but can't decide which turbo. I heard 50 trim has a better spool than 57, but 57 is more top end? Somebody correct me if I"m wrong which I think I totally am. lol

I want to go with the 'Race Kit' for the log manifold and the more turbo options but due to money problems for now, I'll still thinking about it. lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts