Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
theres going to be a ht meet in pittsburgh....

heres the info as is right now on ht....

DATE CONFIRMED F I N A L L Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 19th 12p-6p

Quaker Steak and Lube
511 Clairton Blvd
Pleasant Hills, PA 15236

I'll be redoing the banner ad and doing some other things. QSL will be taking over local advertising and I'll be working with them over the next week getting approvals for design work. QSL will be having a marketing meeting next Thursday to get through to the advertising and local reg. phase.

The entire lot is zoned properly and alcohol can be had anywhere on the premesis. The lot size can accomodate plenty of cars...that's not an issue.

Spread the word to D-series.org, clubcivic, turbo Dseries....whoever.
Update:

Well, after battling some ordinance issues in Robinson, its not gonna happen there. The days of the big Robinson/Quaker Steak meets are done...the council zoned the area a "no event area". So, now the meet has been shifted to Quaker Steak Southland.

The facts are:

1) They can accomodate over 250 cars (I didnt know this!)
2) No zoning to deal with
3) We are good to go, I'm just waiting for final approval from corporate.

Quaker Steak actually paved the area behind their building specifically for meets of this nature. They are enthused about everything, but we got hung up by a district manager that couldnt do his job. I've spoken with others about it.

I'm putting a tremendous amount of pressure on these people to get something finalized. It's happening....July 19th or 26th 12p-6p....just got to finalize which day.

heres the link to over there
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2130632&page=1

its looking along the lines of 250 plus cars right now that are committed to going.. i know me and a handful of buddies are going FOR SURE.... so if you in my area or passing through pm me and im going to look at setting up a cruise to the meet

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
How are they getting 250 people to show up? i didnt even think there was 250 people with hondas in PA. i would go if it was closer, not much of a fan of long drives unless its for a real good reason.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im just going by how many people have said they are coming... thats what the number was on that thread...
im sure it will be a decent sized meet... i threw a small one in robinson pa with barely any notice and had about a 100 show up

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
A few years ago we organized one for SHO guys at our local track, people from NC and further showed up. i was considering renting the track out for a saterday sometime this summer and seeing if any people wanted to come for a afternoon of racing and hanging out.

·
Registered
99 Civic Ex
102 Posts
track rental

A few years ago we organized one for SHO guys at our local track, people from NC and further showed up. i was considering renting the track out for a saterday sometime this summer and seeing if any people wanted to come for a afternoon of racing and hanging out.
i would be down with a track day. i've been wanting to drive on one. the only track day i've been too i got to sit shotgun. it sucked not being able to drive

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
i'm not going...i was gonna go when it was at the big stadium downtown
but unless i'm in town for work i'm not really feeling it
i could drive 15 minutes if i wanted food at QS&L and a bunch of ricers
lol...
i dunno...i might go...if there was a caravan from cbus or something

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
how far is pittsburgh from albany? i might bring a few hondas boys down. well over

1 - 20 of 27 Posts