Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
new car

well i guess ill start off with the title.... its simple. the guys at my work call my car the honda-rati (honda+mazarati=honda-rati) so i figured it fits. i think they laugh at my hp goals being its "just a 4 cylinder" v8 guys just dont like efficiency i guess.

I bought my first car senior yr (2007). purchased it from my boss for $2500. A bone stock 94 civic DX with 120XXX miles. Only upgrade was it had was A/C from the factory.

as nice as my boss was he let me make payments, since i wanted to get them paid off asap and being i was in high school only allowed to work 20hrs a week i couldn't afford insurance on top, so for the next for 4-5 month as my mom dropped me off at work i got to LOOK at it EVERY DAY as i walked past it going through the doors at my work. every single day i got to look at parked in the same spot just waiting for me. paying on it but not getting to drive it! oh how i couldn't wait.

first upgrades was tint rims and lowering, (for a while i was rocking a nasty spoiler) i was addicted from there!

header, CAI, and a Free GSR strut bar.

with webbs

lowered and some gunmetal webbs, then got bored and found some nice blades

well from there if figured the like any other kid i wanted to go faster, the mighty d15b7 power house wasn't cutting it anymore. i kicked the idea around doing a z6 mini-me or a ebay turbo kit. after reading and doing some research a mini-me wasn't going to be cost effective for the amount of hp gained and well ebay is something i wanted to steer clear of. so i was on the look for a Z6 and was going to do a Vitara build, hp goal 400-450whp

Shortly after that i found a d16z6 swap, said to have 130k miles on it. had some little extra like skunk2 pro s intake manifold and throttle body and 4-2-1 header for $400. the motor build began....

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I began to compile ever lasting list of parts!

Motor:
port & polish head
Skunk2 pro s IM & TB
zex 59300 cam
AEM adjustable cam gear
ARP head studs
FJ d16z6 turbo superkit, Vitara 75.5mm
Eagle H-beam rods
Golden Eagle block guard
AEM fuel rail & FPR
1000cc precision injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
inovative motor mounts
Go-autoworks 1/2 sized radiator & slim fan setup
Go-autoworks low temp thermostat kit
Go-autoworks slimfan (replace A/C condenser fan for room)

Transmission:
SI/EX trans
replaced gears, seals ect.
Mfactory LSD
Stage 4 Comp Clutch

Turbo Kit
Go-autoworks A/C compatible ramhorn manifold
Go-autoworks custom 3in downpipe
Go-autoworks intercooler kit
precision sc50 turbo
38MM tial wastegate
Greddy BOV
3in exhaust with apexi ws2 muffler
Go-autoworks catchcan setup with D series block plug for drain back

i had a long list to attack, started with my head.
sent it to the machine shop we used at my employer at the time (they hooked me up)
$400 for a 3 angle valve job, new valve guides, port and polish.

eventually i got the rest of the motor put together.

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one thing i can say i regret the most was buying cheap ass coil-overs to lower my car. i rocked the bouncy ride for about a good yr plus till my friend found a pair of Skunk2 fully thread coil-overs that were damn near new. picked thos up for 450shipped.

rides so much better!!! but i had a hard time getting into the driveway..

and then i did this....

U turns at 35ish no bueno

Good time to put that camber kit in i think..

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont foget to vent that valve cover and block. Other than than nice build.
yeah im going to do a catch can setup by venting the valve cover, but how do i vent the block?

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i wanna thank Seattle craigslist. ive found some new parts for cheap like,
AEM cam gear, AEM wideband, AEM fuel rail, 38mm tial wastegate, Innovative motor mounts, oh and my blades i got in a trade straigh across for my old webbs. the CL has been good to me.

cam gear $80

wideband $175

motor mounts $200

traded my webbs straight across for them, i paid 200 for the webbs like 2 yrs ago.
then polished them, spent maybe 6hrs on each rim...

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After dragging my feat i finally broke down a ordered my Mfactory LSD, got my trans cleaned up and sent it out with the diff to be installed and get new seals and ect, i ended up getting a call, the previous owner said "it shifted fine when i had it." of course so i was in for a suprise... 3rd gear syncro was mangled along with 3rd gear. so i got a new 3-4 gear set.
I got my cam, clutch, muffler and manifold in the mail all in the same week... that was a good week!

-ZEX 59300

-comp clutch stage 4

-i still need to get this put on, i had to buy it twice... long story

-Go-autoworks A/C ramhorn manifold worth every penny!!

well trans was done motor was build, i had my cam and was ready to swap out motors...

time to retire the B7

AHH its naked!

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well shes in

well i have about 900miles on it now everything seems to be ok. i had some idling issues at first i took care of. when i first had it the cam gear was set at 0 cam timing. it would lag in first gear pretty bad till about 3400rpm. i set the cam gear 2 degree's advanced and put in the p28 ecu and it made a world of a difference. I had the vtec solenoid wired up, found out thats bad. (anyone got one PM me?)

Yesterday i put thos Innovative motor mounts in. well worth the money but ive notice that the driver side mount has caused some annoying ass vibrations.

parts left to order:
Precision SC50
Go-autoworks custom downpipe (in the works)
Go-autoworks 1/2 sized radiator and slim fan
Go-autoworks low temp thermostat kit
catch can setup
1000cc injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump

then a good old speedfactory tune.

now that im all up to date.... stay tuned...?

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, it sounds like its taken him 3 years.

Either way, Awesome build!!!!!!
yeah i try and keep my car from consuming my life... but its hard lol.
didnt help when i started when i was a broke college student. then moved for work and took me a while to get settled in. i didnt want to put parts on my car when i didnt have a place to keep it save. cars disappear like nobody's business in the seattle/tacoma area. ive had this car stolen once broken into twice and the second time i had alot of my parts in the trunk stolen, luckily i got it all back, beside the apexi muffler...

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah i try and keep my car from consuming my life... but its hard lol.
didnt help when i started when i was a broke college student. then moved for work and took me a while to get settled in. i didnt want to put parts on my car when i didnt have a place to keep it save. cars disappear like nobody's business in the seattle/tacoma area. ive had this car stolen once broken into twice and the second time i had alot of my parts in the trunk stolen, luckily i got it all back, beside the apexi muffler...
Is that why you had to buy the muffler twice? Man that sucks I feel your pain, but I never recovered any of my parts.

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What happened to the snap ring on the ball joint?
I think I hit a nasty bump in the road or when I was playing around with another co worker on my way home I made a hard hard right U turn and I think that's when it happened.
Is that why you had to buy the muffler twice? Man that sucks I feel your pain, but I never recovered any of my parts.
Yeah, it was sitting at a shop waiting to get some work done, I figured it was getting worked on that day so it was gonna be in the shop. Well it didn't and over night the tweekers cut a hole in the fence to get in, they broke into my car and 2 or 3 other civics as well. Cops came by as it was going on so that's how they ended up getting it back. But of course they go for the big shiny parts. But the shop onwer took it off the price of the work he did.

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
not much to update. just playing the waiting game for parts to come.

but i got mail today!
(bad cell phone pics)

got the Gauge put on along with the AEM FPR

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah do it right the first time, or spend more money fixing your mistakes.

oh no i bought the car back in 07, im 21 now. i know what you mean tho. nothing worst than a kid that isn't responsible with all that power.

i got lots of updates, ive been building this for a while, just never started a thread on it.

Oh good lol i know when i was that age i wanted to go fast but didnt cuz i knew but hey nw that ur legal to drink ur old enuf to have a fast car. Anyways build lookin great man keep up the good work

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everyone likes pics

thanks for the support guys. ive spent alot of time and hard work getting the right parts and not "cheaping out"

yeah Greg is making my downpipe right now. he needed my manifold back so he could mount the new turbo and make the downpipe for a perfect fitment. im going with the SC50 should do the job.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Nice looking build man. Way to take your time and do it right. Gathering all the parts is a good portion of the battle and a large amount of the time that goes into any build. I've been collecting parts for my turbo build for 2.5 years now, and as soon as my tax return comes in I'll have the funds to get it installed. Good luck with car.

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice looking build man. Way to take your time and do it right. Gathering all the parts is a good portion of the battle and a large amount of the time that goes into any build. I've been collecting parts for my turbo build for 2.5 years now, and as soon as my tax return comes in I'll have the funds to get it installed. Good luck with car.
Hey another local!

Yeah I took my time researching what's good and what's not, making sure I get what I want and don't settle and also trying to find the best deals.

But I can't wait to be done spending money on this thing.

1 - 20 of 484 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.