Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im looking to buy some OEM paint for my car and get it painted since the weather is getting nicer. I was wondering if anyone here would have some suggestions on were i could find it at a decent price.

The paint is Cashmere Silver Metallic -- Paint code = YR 505-M

Thanks guys

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you are trying to paint match or blend, I would reccommend to not buy cheap paint, especially silver. Take it from experience, buy PPG, DuPont, etc.... A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was asked to go to the Dark Side and use....
Cheap Paint...Needless to say, it turned out Horrible, even indoors, with florecent lights....looked bad....But this is my opinion.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright i emailed both of those companies to see if they can mix it...Im really only using the paint for touch-up and not a complete paint job. Also someone told me NAPA is able to mix paint?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Alright i emailed both of those companies to see if they can mix it...Im really only using the paint for touch-up and not a complete paint job. Also someone told me NAPA is able to mix paint?
Well, if you look in the yellow pages under Auto body supplies, there should be a company locally that can mix that color for you. The issue that I see now is that you are wanting a touch up paint. DO NOT buy the pre-mixed in the pens or tube that you can buy at Autozone, etc. I have yet to see one that is close to factory color. Also most places will only go as small as a quart to mix up, unless you know somebody that works in a paint supply shop.

Ok, now to my honest opinion, go to the Honda dealer, buy the touch-up paint from them, it will match. Get the one with the little brush in it, not the pen. Shake the living crap outta it. Brush it on lightly almost wet/dry for the first coat.(it will take a few coats to get good coverage) Of course that it after you clean and prep the scratched area. I have used one from the Honda dealer and that is about as close as your going to get using a single stage.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright...if i go the route of buying the little bottles, im going to need alot lol. If i were to buy a quart would it possibly fit in an airbrush? Just an idea i had. Or if i did buy a quart would I be able to spray my car while its outside since its just touch up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
alright...if i go the route of buying the little bottles, im going to need alot lol. If i were to buy a quart would it possibly fit in an airbrush? Just an idea i had. Or if i did buy a quart would I be able to spray my car while its outside since its just touch up.
Well, is there anyway you can take a picture of "what" needs to be touched up? That would sure help me out alot. As for airbrushing, how much experience do you have with one? An airbrush would be good for small spots, about a quarter size or smaller, bigger with a very experienced airbrush artist. As for spraying the car outside, I would not recommend it. Even if there is no breeze, dirt particles, bugs, etc will find their way into the paint....

Try to take a photo and post it, it will be the only way I can give you an honest assessment.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here are some examples of airbrushing.....

Custom Harley Davidson Sportster tins.

This tailgate I shaved the handle, did all the body work, squirted some GMC blue with a 1.5 and did the airbrushing of tribal flames and Fox logo.

This is a backdrop, 9'x12', I did for a Ludacris concert.

·
Registered
639 Posts
BOYS GOT SKILLS...

On Another note I have used the NAPA colour match rattle cans it is was a very good quality I found.. I would reccomend it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts