Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Ford has a 2.0L ecoboost thats similar in power.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
ehh, nothing new..

everyone wants power and still maintain MPG's

going turbo is what most car makers will be going to..
Hell, even cadillac has a 2.0T in their new cars.

If we can DIY a 300 hp turbo build, then its a piece of cake for automakers.

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
Not huge innovation nissan had a 4l 2.0 VTC turbo that made 245hp in the late 90's. With just simple updated electronics and injector innovations i bet it would make the 280hp. On thing i see is going to be expensive to modify that k20 as there isn't any after market direct injection injectors yet. Also if you have paid attention the recent Honda engine designs the cat bolts directly to the head for emissions now. I bet the turbo bolts directly to the head also and cat is right after the turbo. That cat will heat up very quickly there reducing start up emissions greatly, possibly runs even hotter to clean up emissions even better once warned up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
The new K24s in the accords are direct injection..

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
^That car (if that can be considered a car) is hilariously awesome?? :D.

I wonder if they are going to make the U.S. Si version turbo...? I haven't found any news. I honestly just wish Honda would just give us the type-R in the states..... maybe they are just racist lol.

Either way... personally I like the 8th generation civics way better (especially the 4-door version).
My dream car build is an 8th Gen 4 door. I know with a good build it is easy to surpass 300whp

Also, I want to add that I think wings are pointless on FWD cars (The new type-R pics show a large wing).... and I don't know why honda keeps doing the wing thing but w/e... I think most people agree with me here...

One more thing: I wish in the future Honda would make a Si/type-R RWD!!!!!!!!

Still.... 280bhp from the factory is a huge improvement and I bet it is pretty fun!
Heck, I have fun with my 125bhp civics :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts