Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be picking up a 98 civic ex on saturday and have plans on boosting the car. Ive already got a set of eagle rods and low comp pistons and a few other goodies but one thing im not sure of is what system to use for tuning. Ive heard people talk about hondata, but what else is out there or what would you suggst for boosting a d series?

·
Registered
201 Posts
holy shit some else from kansas well i am in kansas city mo but close, hey go to revline on 18 and truman they can answer and install anything locally, but these guys here can hook you up with some d knowledge, and maybe the reason they haven't answered you yet is because they would like for you to make a search dude good luck and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
well first and fore most.. your going to need an obd-2 to obd1 conversion harness. arp head studs, fuel pump. p28 ecu hondata s200. acl bearings oem headgasket or cometic. new clutch.

and thats just to start.

suspension good tires lsd boost controller waste gate bov manifold turbo intercooler. ahh i remember when i had the things "to get" list infront of me, seemed like a million dollars worth of stuff to get to started.

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
I trust Hondata and will be the system I put in mine after I convert to OBD1 but I'm sure other's have other opinions on fuel managment

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
im with you crxsi. i dig hondata never heard anything bad about crome , other than tuners dislike for it. my guy tunes with it all. but prefers hondata systems

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well yeah i know all the other stuff i will need, im not a complete newb to boost i just had no clue on what to use for tuning. Ive already got a bunch of other stuff besides the rods and pistons even though im not picking the car up till saturday. and i understand that they want us to look and research first but i just wanted opinions more than anything.

you said to use the s200? isnt the s300 more reccomended for boost?

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
meh, its just dependant on your desire, some people may want to build their block for only 270 whp, hondata can take care of you even with s100. to reach that goal. it just has more options and is more in depth, i personally will be getting the s300 so i wont need a boost controller,(not the only reason but of course a plus) just the solenoids and the tuning system, booost by gear wheee.. and also im gonna be doing it with methanol on a stock block. so i need the depth of a refined source code.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well im not looking to break any world records but I would like to have an extremely reliable low 13 sec dd. I think this should be pretty reachable anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts