Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Honda hrv without vtec and I wanted to put vtec but I don't know how to do it, can someone help me? Are you going to be needing all new wiring? Thank you hope you help me

·
Registered
90 Civic LX / 90 CRX HF
64 Posts
Make sure to use the search function or risk incurring the wrath of the D series goons:
Mini-Me Write Up

D16W1 is a very uncommon (As in I never knew it existed until I looked at the wiki) mini me, but is a 4 valve head so in theory any vtec head will work. Some modification to your stock wiring harness will be required. Additionally you will more than likely be required to get a Vtec Ecu. There are kits that can convert non vtec ecu's into vtec ones but I am unsure if it will work for your ecu. Alternatively, you can wire in a vtec controller that activates off of rpm.

(y)Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certifique-se de usar a função de pesquisa ou arriscar incorrer na ira dos capangas da série D:
Redação do Mini-Me

D16W1 é um mini-me muito incomum (como eu nunca soube que existia até que eu olhei para o wiki), mas é uma cabeça de 4 válvulas, então, em teoria, qualquer cabeça vtec funcionará. Alguma modificação em seu chicote de fiação de estoque será necessária. Além disso, você provavelmente precisará obter um Vtec Ecu. Existem kits que podem converter ecu não vtec em vtec, mas não tenho certeza se funcionará para o seu ecu. Alternativamente, você pode conectar um controlador vtec que é ativado fora do rpm.

(s)Boa sorte
[/CITAR]
They told me in hondata what do you think?
Certifique-se de usar a função de pesquisa ou arriscar incorrer na ira dos capangas da série D:
Redação do Mini-Me

D16W1 é um mini-me muito incomum (como eu nunca soube que existia até que eu olhei para o wiki), mas é uma cabeça de 4 válvulas, então, em teoria, qualquer cabeça vtec funcionará. Alguma modificação em seu chicote de fiação de estoque será necessária. Além disso, você provavelmente precisará obter um Vtec Ecu. Existem kits que podem converter ecu não vtec em vtec, mas não tenho certeza se funcionará para o seu ecu. Alternativamente, você pode conectar um controlador vtec que é ativado fora do rpm.

(s)Boa sorte
[/CITAR]
Porque quando o vtec for ativado, mais gasolina será necessária

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,837 Posts
Is this by chance an all wheel drive d16w1 manual transmission HR-V? If so, we will want pictures lol.

As for the mini me swap, a few things need to be checked (oil drain backs, and to see if your block has a restrictor in it), but other than that, it should be a bolt on affair. You will need to wire for VTEC (one wire), and you will also need a VTEC ECU or have yours converted as well as chipped. All of that is very attainable though.

Welcome to DSO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Por acaso é uma transmissão manual d16w1 com tração nas quatro rodas HR-V? Se sim, vamos querer fotos lol.

Quanto à troca do mini me, algumas coisas precisam ser verificadas (drenagem de óleo para trás e para ver se o seu bloco tem um restritor), mas fora isso, deve ser um caso de parafuso. Você precisará conectar para VTEC (um fio) e também precisará de uma ECU VTEC ou terá a sua convertida e chipada. Tudo isso é muito atingível embora.

Bem-vindo ao DSO
[/CITAR]
Sim, o meu é um Honda hrv manual com tração nas quatro rodas

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,314 Posts
It wont, it will rely on o2 to correct fuel trim while vtec is activated, it might run a little rich down low and a little lean up top, better to source an obd2 vtec ecu and a jumper harness (if needed) to connect to the cabin harness.

·
Registered
90 Civic LX / 90 CRX HF
64 Posts
A Hondata chip is not a BAD idea, especially if you plan on further modifying your engine.

However if you just want Vtec it isn't entirely necessary.

·
Registered
90 Civic LX / 90 CRX HF
64 Posts
How can I analyze if my engine has a back oil drain and see if my block has a restricted one? This all to proceed to the mini me
Do you mean oil jet? Non-vtec blocks have a little oil jet between cylinder 2 and 3 that needs to be removed after removing the non-vtec head.

Also it isn't necessary to get a new harness. You can modify your stock harness where needed. It will save you a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
How can I analyze if my engine has a back oil drain and see if my block has a restricted one? This all to proceed to the mini me
Pull up pictures of the head gasket for your d16w1, and a d16y8, make sure all the holes are in the same locations and are the same shape. It is possible this might be the same block as the d17 and oil drain back holes dont line up right.

·
Registered
90 Civic LX / 90 CRX HF
64 Posts
Pull up pictures of the head gasket for your d16w1, and a d16y8, make sure all the holes are in the same locations and are the same shape. It is possible this might be the same block as the d17 and oil drain back holes dont line up right.
If ebay has anything to say about it they appear to be the same. I got a lot of listings for D16w1 / D16y7 / D16y8

Reactions: Oldcivicjoe

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If ebay has anything to say about it they appear to be the same. I got a lot of listings for D16w1 / D16y7 / D16y8
I've never seen a w1 so thought I'd make him do some homework, I only know I went to swap a z6 head onto some hrv motor (supposedly, cant remember which, something they picked up) only to check casting numbers and find it was the same block as a d17a1.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,044 Posts
Edit. i miss read. I though you wanted to know how to remove it......

Thinking more about it, that may be what you are asking lol.

Remove it is all you have to do if you want to go non vtec to vtec. Use a wood screw or drywall screw and screw it in and pull to remove.

If you dont have one in the motor then you dont need to worry about it

Google image search "dseries oil jet" to see a pic of it so you can check if you have it and know what it looks like.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,044 Posts
Então, para aplicar o cabeçote do z6, terei que retirar esse "jato de óleo" do bloco, nesse caso esse "jato de óleo" vai virar o cabeçote?

yes exactly

remove the oil jet from the block and use a z6 head

this is all you need to know "Então, para aplicar o cabeçote do z6, terei que retirar esse "jato de óleo" do bloco, "

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,044 Posts
Yes no oil jet.

Take the jet out of the block. Throw it in the yard. then install the head geadket and then the head without the oil jet in the block

1 - 20 of 21 Posts