Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Now waits for swap into eg chassis thread!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
The 1.5L HAD BETTER BE better than the 1.4L turd in my wife's Chevy Cruze! I guess my wife's auto trans has something to do with it too though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That does sound pretty great!

However, other than the step down to 3 cylinders, it sounds a lot like a boosted d-series :turned: Would you guys agree?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
About damn time.
And those motors look like a r18 k20 mix.
And they used a turbo not the Rdx so why not for a newer civic :D

O well i plan to get a 8th gen civic and turbo it anyways lol.... But it wukd be cool for honda to start factory turboing there cars

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
Well the 2.0 isn't coming over here, not in that form and not in anything remotely fun...maybe a SUV.

I speculate that we'll get the 1.5, or a variant of it, to power accords/civics.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
someone posted this yesterday in entertainment....
im interested in seeing what that 3 cylinder 1.0l can do power wise and fuel efficiency

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,867 Posts
these engines sounds cool but they will be like the k's to work with or even harder, nothing like a simple obd0/1 car witch is all i like, or i would be dealing with bmw's if i wanted to mess with shitty wiring and other crazy ideas

i like hondas from after solid rear axles to before immobilizers so somthing like 88-00 with some exceptions, they are mostly on the before solid axles side of the time period

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
"Meh."

Too little, too late, getting installed into absolutely horrible vehicles. Honda can go )(#*$ itself. Oh wait! It is.
Word.

Enthusiasts have been doing more impressive things than this.

Looks like the new Honda business people were like damn. Look how much more sucessful our old stuff is. Why. Because turbo?

They aren't getting the point. Can't just bolt a turbo on.

All it does is make up for all the weight. Probably as fast as a 93 SI to 60.

If I ever got another Honda, it'd be an EF/EG or S2K.

The K20 was a good idea though. Hope it's not handicap by this emissions BS

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Like I said in the other thread..

If we can DIY a 300 hp engine, it should be no problem for honda.

To be honest, I really dont like the new line up. Civics have gained so much weight, and the rest just isnt appealing to me. Acura too.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
I was in a collision repair seminar that had something similar to say. Had to do with the increasing application of high strength steel in newer cars due to weight. back in the 50's all you had in the car was a radio and a steering wheel with very minimal interior trim, the crap manufacturers are loading into every car these days is nuts... navigation, motors to adjust your seat, multi zone climate control, 10 freakin speakers!, etc... not to mention all the sound deadening crap. but If you like having a light, noisy, featureless car rip it all out :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
"Meh."

Too little, too late, getting installed into absolutely horrible vehicles. Honda can go )(#*$ itself. Oh wait! It is.
That's exactly what I thought, and the same with what Toaster said.
I dont know about you guys, but I don't really like where some of the new cars are going. The new NSX though... i dont know. Everything is getting so complicated :( You guys on here have built far more impressive things than this.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Word.

Enthusiasts have been doing more impressive things than this.

Looks like the new Honda business people were like damn. Look how much more sucessful our old stuff is. Why. Because turbo?

They aren't getting the point. Can't just bolt a turbo on.
LOOOL!!! Because turbo...
So many kids have been getting hyped by this on the forums/social media. Watch there be a wave of new users on here in the next following months...

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
I'm still on the fence...at the shop I'm at were starting to see some of the GDI stuff..

Gm is having issues with vehicles between 40-70k miles...with direct injection there's nothing to clean the intake valves so excess carbon deposits are built up.

BMW/mercedes iirc have added a secondary set of Injectors to clean the valves... but now there's that much more stuff going on.

Idk...pretty sure id take my zc powered crx over this new stuff

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
these engines sounds cool but they will be like the k's to work with or even harder, nothing like a simple obd0/1 car witch is all i like, or i would be dealing with bmw's if i wanted to mess with shitty wiring and other crazy ideas

i like hondas from after solid rear axles to before immobilizers so somthing like 88-00 with some exceptions, they are mostly on the before solid axles side of the time period
:uh:k-series are simple as fuck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts