Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question One:

92 - 95 EG.
96 - 97 EH -- Is this the same as EG? or Considered EG2? In a civic, it is considered EK but I thought that all Del Sol parts were interchangeable.

If I bought new mounts for the 96-97 it should work on the 92 - 95 right?

Question Two:

Haynes does not make a manual for the 96 - 97, its bundled with the Civic EK. Should I get the 92 - 95 manual? I realize that it will cover a different engine but everything else should be the same.

· Registered
duh
1,494 Posts
I would like to know too.

· Well?
13,334 Posts
yes its the same, kinda like tegs all the way to 01 are basically the same as an EG/EJ/EH civic from 92-95.

Classification went like this

Del Sol S model from 92-97 was EG1
Del Sol SI from 92-97 was EH6
Del Sol VTEC from 92-97 was an EG2

i have yet to see anyone post real info about 96-97 chassis codes other than what they copy and paste but its wrong, there was no USDM 96-97 D15z1 or B8 or B7 in the del sol, nor was a b8 or z1 in a del sol ever.

· Registered
127 Posts
Not Trying to thread jack but i have a question in relation to this. I have a 1993 Honda Del Sol SI, but it had the D16Z6 Engine which is Vtec so which chassis code do i go by, The EH6 or the EG2

Thanks

· Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
8,291 Posts
In Canada the Sol came with B16, Z6 and B7.

I've all so seen front clips from jdm with b16, sohc vtec zc and non vtec sohc zc's.

Under the hood is the exact same set-up as the EH........thats all anybody really needs to know if you plan on tackling any kind of engine swap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.