Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Let me introduce daily Honda Civic 1.4iS on stock internals after 8 years and 60 000km on 1.2bar (17.5psi) with intelligent boost control (continuous line) Turbogenics D14A8 iBoost® and LPG injection.

Setup:
  • engine D14A8 - stock
  • intake manifold D14A8 + LPG
  • exhaust manifold: D15Z1
  • ignition distributor TD41U
  • ECU P1K
  • clutch - stock
  • cooler - stock
  • TB025
  • Intercooler from Volvo440
  • exhaust system 2,25"

Greetings from Poland!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,167 Posts
That injector set up though!!!! Stuff that makes Robgoof proud!! Awesome

Reactions: spooneg3

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,167 Posts
How did I miss this part of it???!!!!!..........

Are you running the car on Liquid Propane, or are those stock style injectors under it and you are running LPG like you would run Nitrous oxide????

How big of an LPG tank are you running?

Do you have it set to come in at a certain boost level or switch or?

My dad was an LPG service man for 45 years, and I always wondered why people didn't add LPG to a car like Nitrous because it is cold and is combustible all on its own! We had a crane truck with a Chevy Big Block in it that ran on LPG alone. All of the delivery trucks at the Propane company ran on LPG.

How much power do you think it adds?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me explain:
LPG installation is mainly used for cheap car driving for example:
  • on gasoline car burnt ~10L per 100km (~62 miles). Gasoline costs are 1,52$ per liter
  • on LPG car burnt ~11L per 100km (~62 miles). LPG costs are 0,56$ per liter.

LPG tank is in an emergency wheel place in the trunk, it has a capacity of 35L.
It is controlled by an external controller dedicated to the LPG installation.

Lot of people roast this solution in cars, they live in the belief that it destroys the engines - of course if they neglect the installation and won't replace the filters in time.

We've got a lot of cars on the roads with LPG installation from cheap little cars to big engines (Ferrari, Porsche, Dodge, etc.)

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
872 Posts
How much power do you think it adds?
When i was growing up, our family car could run 100% on either LPG or petrol, we used to have to flick it over to petrol to get up a big hill near home because of how gutless it was on LPG lol. It'll also gets far worse fuel economy. But at the time there was a huge price difference between the fuels.
Thank you!
Here is dyno sheet:
View attachment 138876
How much power did it make? Looks like the dyno graph was set to km/h and nm? Sounds like it rips. Also love the cluster mod, looks cool! Those 5 door civics look so practical, wish they sold them here. We got the MA Concerto, these would've made a great successor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When i was growing up, our family car could run 100% on either LPG or petrol, we used to have to flick it over to petrol to get up a big hill near home because of how gutless it was on LPG lol. It'll also gets far worse fuel economy. But at the time there was a huge price difference between the fuels.

How much power did it make? Looks like the dyno graph was set to km/h and nm? Sounds like it rips. Also love the cluster mod, looks cool! Those 5 door civics look so practical, wish they sold them here. We got the MA Concerto, these would've made a great successor.
~196KM & 204NM

About LPG in Europe - we've got new generation LPG injectors and controllers - they usually provide more power than in stock engines. First generation for carburator engines was very bad, but... This is history for now :D

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
872 Posts
~196KM & 204NM

About LPG in Europe - we've got new generation LPG injectors and controllers - they usually provide more power than in stock engines. First generation for carburator engines was very bad, but... This is history for now :D
What unit of measurement is KM?

It has been a good 20 years since i've ridden in an LPG car haha, so chances are technology has moved on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts