Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I've been having this problem and am running out of ideas. I rebuilt my 1996 honda lx engine and put an ebay turbo on it. It runs and drives fine, except it idles close to 2000 and it runs rich. I have tried adjusting the fuel maps and tuning, but am unable to lean it out. It's usually around 10-11afr. The idle is constant and doesn't idle hunt. I bought and installed a new iacv to no avail. The only vacuum leaks I can find are slight leaks on the turbo housing and, weirdly, from the turbo oil return line where it connects to the oil pan.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to get it to idle correctly for almost a year now and am trying this thread as a last resort.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,047 Posts
vacuum leak on the oil return? think about that for a minute

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
why are you attempting to TUNE out a problem?

you are going backwards.

fix any and all leaks.

vacuum through the crankcase should never be that high.

are you using the term vacuum correctly? because it sounds like a pressure leak. you would not be able to "see a leak" of vacuum as its sucking IN, not pushing OUT

EDIT hold the damn phone! you have been trying to fix this leak for a year?

have you tried a simple leak down test and compression test? have you thought maybe your cheap ebay turbo shit the bed?

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Does the ECU show 0% TPS input at idle?

How much vacuum are you reading through the MAP sensor or your boost gauge?

If it's running rich, pull more fuel. That's the easy part

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
the ecu can only control spark and fuel

idle is controlled by how much air enters the intake through the bypass valve controlled by the IACV

too much air is getting into your intake - fix that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes ECU can only control spark and fuel, but will display a host of other information if datalog is available, vacuum is what I was curious to see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts