Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I'm getting water leaking onto the top of my stock ECU that's located under the glove box on the left.

Its leaking down from behind the dash somewhere and ending up on the passenger floor.

I replaced the windscreen thinking that would fix it but it didn't help.. wasted $500 bucks.

What part of the fire wall would let the water in and roll down the wiring loom and how did I get to it to fix it?

Thanks

LukeZen

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Also check the stripping on top of the car, near the front of course. My rusted through and leaked in the same location on BOTH sides! Filled it with epoxy and fixed it.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
it has a sunroof then? if so, mine did the same thing. i had to replace the drain hoses for the sunroof. they were all clogged up and leaking water down the fire wall and onto the floor.

·
Registered
Civic
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it has a sunroof then? if so, mine did the same thing. i had to replace the drain hoses for the sunroof. they were all clogged up and leaking water down the fire wall
My Honda Mech cleaned them out and said there not the problem..

He tested by poring water down the sun roof and couldn't make it leak

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you care enough to fix it:

There's an air vent under the lower winshield cowel. It's pretty much open and can have water leaking into the car from there if things aren't sealed up right. Remove it and see if there's anything wierd going on there. After you notice it leaking too, you can try removing the blower motor and see where exactly its coming from. You may have to remove the entire dash to do this if you want to keep your A/C system pressurized.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts