Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

Not been online for a while as i have been travelling but am living out in New Zealand. Question is i'm looking at buying a 1989 Honda city ga2 with a D13c

The problem is it's had major headgasket failure and i don't want to buy it and struggle with parts. I can't find any other d13 heads around but could i use a d15b2 or d16a6 head? I've found nothing by searching d13c and just worried about combustion chamber volumes or anything else simple i may have missed.

I have a feeling the bore is an odd size as well as it's 1296cc and i'm sure most are something around 1343cc? i.e. D13b

Cheers in advance to anyone who shed any info! the car is a JDM import by the way running carbs

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Worst case you take the head to a machine shop and have it redone there. Solves finding a new one right there.

It looks close, but not quite.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Worst case you take the head to a machine shop and have it redone there. Solves finding a new one right there.

It looks close, but not quite.
I work in a machine shop! The problem is with how hot's it's been it most likely cooked and the head has gone soft. I can straighten a head no worries but if it's soft it's toast! :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts