Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speak on it

I have always used black rtv for the ease of getting it at any auto store and its like 300% cheaper....

·
Registered
982 Posts
From my experience, ultra grey holds better. I use ultra black on valve covers and seals i remove frequently. I use ultra grey on seals like oil pan, oil pump, and other areas not so frequently removed. From what I can tell, it is equivalent to honda bond.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
ye ole goode hondabond here!

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Grey Permatex is the same as Honda Bond, but I use Honda Bond, because I get it for next to free.

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
webb. my neighborhood vatozone isn't so friendly..

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
^Ya I have the same problem with the local Advance. Even opened up a box to find a core return already in there but the core being a different part than what is supposed to go on the motor and different than what's on the box?

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
^Ya I have the same problem with the local Advance. Even opened up a box to find a core return already in there but the core being a different part than what is supposed to go on the motor and different than what's on the box?
nightmare there. all the part stores here, whether ghetto zone or golden NAPA..theyre all pretty decent around here. i used to be hardcore oreillys all the way but recently ive realized that most of the stuff i buy i can get hella cheap from autozone or advance.

oh and back on topic lol. i use red rtv gasket maker. works good but im talking about for cheapo fixes on a work truck. not my honda....id go permetex or for my build im using geniune hondabond. just something about that "peace of mind" feeling that i love.

in the end...they always say, "you get what you PAY for"

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
Grey Permatex is the same as Honda Bond, but I use Honda Bond, because I get it for next to free.
They are not the same......but I do use the Ultra Grey on tranny cases. HB is easier to clean up.

·
Registered
rsx
120 Posts
you can get mazda bond lol and it works amazinly well... it relitivly cheap ( kinda ) but i used it on all my builds and i love it ..

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
The answer to the original question is: Hondabond is grey. :) oh and it has an "H" on it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i love hondabond. Used about 1/4 of the tube doing my full engine build heh

-Luke

1 - 20 of 28 Posts