Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy acl main bearings and rod bearings. I was wondering if any1 knows wat color they match up with the honda colors for both main and rod bearings?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
naw no spun bearings. So the std acl bearings equal too a green honda 1, Is that the main bearing or conecting rod?

the colors i have for the mains are:
3 yellows, 2 green

and for the rods are:
2 green and 2 brown

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Measure to be safe. Not all ACL halves are the same thickness, you may have to swap them around to get the clearances right.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i just wanted to make surer before i purchased bearings. Still not sure wat i should go with.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Figure Honda are the safe choice because you can order what you need but there going to cost more. ACL's are cheaper but you may have to put some time in to get the clearances right.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya honda for main and rod bearings wanted like $400+. How would i get the clearence right with acl if there off? Would i be able to switch them around?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yep, swap halves around untill you get it right. Worst case is you have to buy 2 or 3 sets to get it right.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alrighty sounds better then spending 400 bucks
thanks alot for the help guys

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quick question would the halve with the plasti gauge on it be switch if it was off or the bottom?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Bearings don't come with plasti-guage on them you have to buy that seperatly.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
no i kno that. But wat im sayin is when u put the strip of plasti gauge on thecrank then the half of the bearing then the girdle, and its out of spec do u change the half thats on the strip of plast gauge or the half of bearing thats on the block?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If you have a micromiter you can just measure the thickness of the bearings to find the right ones. Useing plastiguage it could be either one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alrighty i have 1 of those all prolly do that. Also i heard there 2 colors of plasti- gauge which color would i be buying?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Look at the packageing, it gives you the measurements. I want to say green though.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
the standard size acl's will work unless the motor has spun a bearing or detonated in the past...
They should be measured anyway, right? I have a set of King bearings that are labeled "STD"... I'm assuming those are green. All of the bearings in my motor looked pretty damn good for a used motor.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Measure the old ones, see how they are. If there good enough there's nothing wrong with reuseing them. If it's on the "experimental" D15B2 then why not to keep the cost down?

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Measure the old ones, see how they are. If there good enough there's nothing wrong with reuseing them. If it's on the "experimental" D15B2 then why not to keep the cost down?
Because I bought an FJT superkit, and have all the bearings already ;)

Well, sorta, he sent the wrong rod bearings.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That makes sense also, could alwasys hold onto the bearings and see what happens down the road. Worst case is the motor holds together and you don't need the bearings. In that case you could always sell the bearings.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts