Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've had this crazy idea for awhile. Why can't you take a turbo half, make a plate for the open side, mount either a pulley directly or drive line like a vortech? I would be willing to try to fab this, great machine shop down the street, if it's at all possible. Maybe someone has tried this to no avail, maybe I could improve on their design. I'm thinkin' I could build one for about the same price as a turbo setup. So what ya think?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
how would you secure the belt to the turbo shaft?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Belt from crank pulley to turbo pulley. I would use the stoke mounting for AC or the PS. That way I can purchase stock belts.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You would need some sort of gearbox to multiply the crank rotation 10x or more, since a turbocharger spins at a very high rate of speed..

But this is exactly how a centrifugal supercharger works..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MalibuJack said:
You would need some sort of gearbox to multiply the crank rotation 10x or more, since a turbocharger spins at a very high rate of speed..

But this is exactly how a centrifugal supercharger works..

This is exactly what I'm looking for. The 10x thingy, thats the way the exhuast side works I guess, to multiply. Maybe there's a gear out there that will work? Maybe a pulley with a 10:1 gear and a similar gear on the turbo shaft? This is starting to sound like too many moving parts. Please give me some more insight.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it was easy to make then vortec would not be able to charge what they do for a supercharger. You will need to figure out your gear box setup including but not limited to; ratio,materials,lubrication,cooling... It is all possible, but will be very difficult.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
also, you'd be spinning the blower backwards, so it won't work. Vortech nor Paxton are willing to retool for reverse rotation blowers for our "backwards" Honda's.

Now, before going through all that, looking into some aftermarket BMW blowers.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
transzex said:
Now, before going through all that, looking into some aftermarket BMW blowers.
some links, info, part #'s, models found on? I want something different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts