Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need everyones opinion on this one, i just made my self a custom pulley for my JRSC to (according to my calculation) 12 psi. I calculated that i'd be pushing a little over 190 whp at around 160 ft/tq. It's got 300 000 km, that's approx 190 000miles, + burns a bit of oil. I need this engine till the end summer. Think she'll take it ?????? I drive the hell out of it....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Synth said:
And how "custom" and "safe" is that pulley?
Safe enought, its jb welded!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
i wouldn't run 12 psi on a stock Jackson and just a fmu for fuel management. I'd upgrade in jectors and do some sort of ecu upgrade. That's alot of boost for just the fmu to handle on it's own. Motor will more than likely go boom.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tried the pulley yesterday, i was better off with the stock pulley, its leaning out + the supercharger was doing some funny noise

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Carnage said:
Tried the pulley yesterday, i was better off with the stock pulley, its leaning out + the supercharger was doing some funny noise
You think it leaned out because you were using a FMU and stock injectors at 12psi?:hammer: Also was the S/C whinning? Is that the noise you heard? Most do this when boost is turned up.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thats the noise of ghetto rigging going wrong. I'm not trying to sound like an ass. But think man! Did jackson ghetto rid the setup you paid for? No! So don't ghetto rig that pulley. Thing about how many RPM's that pulley has to do, and how much boost, you are "guessing" it makes. None of that equals a safe engine.

·
Registered
693 Posts
No joke, you have no way of knowing what kind of boost level you are getting by making your own pulley. How do you figure it's double the stock boost? Do you know at what RPM the charger starts producing boost in the first place? Did it occur to you that the heat soak into the charge air is incredible on a non-intercooled f/i motor? If you are in fact at 12psi no motor is safe from detonation with a JRSC unless it is tuned and has nice fat injectors to make it rich. Your intake temps would probably be in the high 200's degrees. Crazyness! Unless you have the fuel and ignition tuning capability, high boost is not for you. Or drop the $1000 on an LHT intercooler conversion for your JR manifold...

·
Registered
371 Posts
12psi is too much for it anyway, anything more than 8 and the small Dseries blower makes too much heat to be anywhere near efficient. You'll have to get it intercooled and ported to go up to 10, or even higher. At 12psi it'll be at too high of an RPM anyway, it'll be more wear on the SC with no gain, infact, you'll probably lose some because the SC just won't be able to make those RPMs without heating up astronomically.

Tuning can only do so much, you can push all the fuel in there you want, but if you're running scorching intake temps, you're not getting enough air in plain and simple.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts