Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill probally polish them but im thinking i might wrap them with header wrap. these pipes absorb heat. they got real hot just from being in the sun.

ALWAYS CLEAN PIPING AFTER CUTTING, THERES LOTS OF METAL FLAKES IN THERE !!!!!

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt clamp it cause im not even boostin yet, still have a bit to go. mainly clutch, get downpipe made, than internals swapped out. engine came with PM7's already installed when i baught the car . I will be running LS rods, that i need to get machined with P28 pistons. ARP head studs of course. going to run chipped ecu on dsm 450 blue tops. my car was acting up and baby is due at the end of the month so this project has been draggin for months now, but im not rushing it. plus this is my daily driver.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mandrel bent aluminized steel. a 2.5 inch 90 degree, 2 2.5 inch 45 degree, and a 2 inch 90 degree. 2.25 inch universal intercooler off ebay. i used 90 degree reducer cupplings at the intercooler ends.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
cut that 90 back about an inch or 3/4 in at the coupling by the dizzy. that will straighten the bend out so it doesnt look over extended. other than that looks cool!

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was thinking the same thing, i think theres still room for adjustment in the coupling though.

one thing thats kinda funny is i didnt even use a tape measure.

i also wish i could have found a 2 inch 90 degee with a tighter bend. luckily it fit the turbo outlet just fine.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i should also,

my car came with an aftermarket front subframe and the space where the piping goes through was already trimmed by previos owner. this made it a lot easier. most turbo crx's and EF civics that i have seen run piping behing the headlights. this way has shorter pipe routing.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
the heat comes from the turbo, from it compressing air.

compressing something creates heat.

there is also ambient heat in the engine bay... i guess its up to you to decide which is a greater source of heat.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know that. im thinking its a good idea to keep underhood heat away from the piping after intercooler has brung the charge air temps down.

ill do some research on it.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
me and my friend had the same argument about codl air intakes. i had made one from plastic and he recomended metal, but metal absorbs more heat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts