Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, is anyone on here running or know of anyone running a holset hx35 or 40 on a sohc engine? or any holset for that matter. i have a few in my collection and everything else to put it on my z6 but am curious to see if they work well for sohc engines. thanks for any replies!

Mitch

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
i had a HE351CW (hx40 compressor Hy35 hotside pretty much) on my 1.6L non-vtec, it made 20+psi around 6000rpm.

i ran a 10 on it. but had to run over 30psi! could have just been my setup tho.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice! i was hoping their were some success stories. i work on diesels basicly everyday and know on the cummins they put the tighter housings, ive never done one but know they go in cm measurements. I have the 18.5 cm housing off my old 1st gen cummins. i guess i will see how that works out? do you know what housing is on that h1c?

·
Registered
312 Posts
nice! i was hoping their were some success stories. i work on diesels basicly everyday and know on the cummins they put the tighter housings, ive never done one but know they go in cm measurements. I have the 18.5 cm housing off my old 1st gen cummins. i guess i will see how that works out? do you know what housing is on that h1c?
if you have a hx40 this might be a option to help make some more power.batmowheel lol some dsms are seeing over 72lbs per min airflow not bad for a 60mm comp wheel

Batmowheel HX40 Photo Shoot! - DSM Forums

·
Registered
156 Posts
If your talking to me its a 12cm housing on my h1c

·
Registered
312 Posts
He prolly had the BEP housing that all the DSM guys like.
then he would have to run a dsm manifold.bep also offeres a t3/.70 ar exhaust housing but i have never seen a .48 on a holset.it would choke the shit out of a holset turbine wheel

·
Registered
50 Posts
holset does not rate there exhaust housing in a/r.they are rated in cm squared.
No the back didnt come with the HX35, use 1 from a different turbo, the large one from the holset woulnt never allow me to go on boost so early...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts