Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, season is over, and its time to park the little turbo skeeter. (damn it, i still have 1/2 tank of 112)

anyway, i will be doing some headwork, and some body work and some other goodies this winter..

but some of us arent as fortunate, and i dont have a garage.. just a carport.. my questions are, if i take the head off, while leaving the bottom end still in the car, the chances of the cylinders getting rusty are pretty high... so what i was going to do was to just spray the inside of the cylinders with the "engine store" that you use to winterize boat motors for the season.. and after i spray the piston tops, cylinder walls with the egine store i was going to put masking tape covering the bores...
what do you guys think?? will it hold up until i get the head done, or should i just yank the whole motor and i have a screened in porch i could keep it in so i can do the head work...

comments and or suggestions greatly appreciated.
thanks
matt

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say wrap it up in plastic the best that you can and keep it lubed up with whatever
yeah, its prolly a stupid question, but once it has a coating of rust i would be screwed... im brainstorming here.. haha

thanks for your reply man

·
Registered
721 Posts
coat it in fogging oil and shrink wrap the top of the block with saran wrap or something like it, than around that take the trusty duct tape and give it the bottom of the wrap a layer or 2 so that its tight tight against the block, if shrink wraps not available, soak some rags in oil and stuff them in each cylinder, and lay some oil soaked rags across the deck too. by oil soaked I don't mean dri[pping, just saturated.

·
Registered
240 Posts
or soak some type of cloth that gives out less lint with motor oil and put it inside of each cylinder (so that means don't turn it TDC).. but then again if you don't put it TDC half of it will only be soaked in oil... nvm....

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
+1 on coating the hole motor in wd40, i wouldnt use regular motor oil, it will run off everything eventually, WD seems to stick pretty well

·
Registered
ej2
1,388 Posts
hows he gonna get it to the car wash when the motors still the car?

on another note, I'd say wd-40, leaves a oily residue till you A. Burn it. or B. wipe it off.
like someone said just hit it with some wd, then take and syran wrap the shit outta the top

1 - 13 of 13 Posts