Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just noticed this. i wonder if it hurts my vtec :O heres the situation. so i just noticed today that when i went to start my car the oil pressure light didnt come on :O so i put the car in the air and check out the sender unit.. its shot.. somehow it broke from the plug and the wire was hanging :surrender:

so it dont bother me much ill just buy another.. but one thing i cant tell is.. since im FI i cant hear the vtec cross cuz by then my wastegate it open or it sounds like a goddamn jet taking off under my hood. so. since my map is setup for vtec. and if its not engaging would that affect much.. only thing i can see is itll cause it to actually be richer in the a/f.. but the REAL Q i want to know is.. would my vtyec even still cross w/o this hooked up? the sensor im referring to is the one on the back of the block that will causde your dash light to go on indicating low oil psi

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
doesnt the vtec pressure switch check for oil and decideds whether vtec should engage or not? i didnt think it had anything to do with the dummy light

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doesnt the vtec pressure switch check for oil and decideds whether vtec should engage or not? i didnt think it had anything to do with the dummy light
thats exactly what im wondering.. but i want to verify if this is right or not.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
BTW, did you have any problem locating a replacement sending unit? The only place where I could get one the same day was CarQuest.

Bump to get this man some answers!

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
without oil pressure vtec wont go. however, im not sure if that is a mechanical thing or an ecu controlled situation.

i would like to know tho.
it reads the oil pressure from the switch and then opens the valve to lock the pins, so thusly without it hooked up the switch always assumes there is no oil pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts