Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a problem how the hell can i do this return line with out touching the manifold??

here is a pic of what i have to work with

i dnt care if i need to buy a new oil pan..they are cheap by me but im stumped on WTF to do:3dtard:

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
45 degree angle? I used rubber hose, a brass 45 degree and some clamps for my return. I even topped it off with some JB weld to hold the fitting in the oil pan. :cool:

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
did you try clocking the turbo???, maybe it will help

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
903 Posts
Dont clock it to much the drain needs to be pointing straight down. You can use a 45* to get it closer to the block and then another 45* down along the block and then a 45 or a 90 into the oil pan. You can also get some of the metal straps the are coated in rubber to secure it to the block.

Somethin like these:

Some people advise against a 90* but I had one going into my pan and had no probs at all with it.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
i ran mine through my runners and am going to put some heat tape on it and the runners

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
I would just long ass hose, and have it bend away like you have it, but further away, and then back towards the oil pan. Maybe use some clamps or brackets to secure it to the frame, away from the manifold.

Even if it were to go from vertical to uphill or horizontal, it would always drain from the turbo, being that the oil level in the line cant be any higher than the oil level in the pan.

·
Registered
Jeep wrangler DD
225 Posts
45* AN fitting, to point the line towards the front of the car, then loop it around and down to the pan. Best way i have found to do it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just a fyi, my feed line has been slightly touching my ramhorn for 2 yrs now and it hasn't melted or cracked/ leaked at all. But for assurance you could just insulate it with a wrap or get a drain line insulation. I think I got one the drain insulations from Fast Turbo awhile back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts