Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, went to the dyno yesterday with my bud's EF, this is the first car ive ever tuned, and im pretty happy. Pulled 250whp on the highest run, averaged about 245whp. Full stup:

'95 USDM GSR motor bone stock converted to obd1
cable b16 tranny
log mani
t3/t4 .60/.63 @ 8psi
2.5" DP
3" mandrel exhaust
DSM 450s
2.5" charge piping
JRC 6" FMIC

running the p30 + Boost Tools because i missed the Plugin to use the p72 + Boost, so we had no secondary butterflies. made about 16 pulls, the best was the 5th, although very lean...in the 14s. used auto-tune a bit, but it was making some changes i didnt like, so after about the 5th pull i did it all manually. we still need some fine tuning, and would have done some more, but the alternator belt decided to shred on the last pull, and combined with an extremely heatsoaked motor, and the temp gauge reading 3/4 hot, we decided to quit. the graph is a little bumpy, hense me saying we still need some fine tuning, but give me some input.

Dont mind the AFRs, the dyno used a tailpipe sniffer, and combined with a few exhaust leaks, it read extremely lean. we were actually about 11.75afr in boost. so lean it out and i think we can make some more power. the temp of the motor alone dropped the power a ton, making no changes at all we saw it losing upwards of 10whp until we let it cool down a bit

Best run, combined with one of the later ones, notice the lean condition in boost:

after a lot of runs, AFRs really smoothed out:

and some glory pics, lol

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
nice job. i have a copy of crome pro coming to me some time this week. not sure why i'm getting it since i don't have a lap top.

D

·
0 Posts
That is a nice little hatch. The steering wheel owns (DA!!). From my experience stay away from auto tune. Do it manually. I try to get it close then I interpolate the WOT bars I am tuning. They always seem to have big jumps in the numbers. Even on stock base maps.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S Q A D said:
hell yeah Ryan :TU:

are you gonna keep tuning ?? is it something you are trying to get into?
hell yes! its fun as shit. that kind of, seeing real results from something you put work into thing. i like it a lot.

my next tuning will be my car with my new turbo and mani. going to be converting to obd1, unless i can get the TE datalogger to work better. im hoping for 200whp :TU:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ryan89crx said:
running the p30 + Boost Tools because i missed the Plugin to use the p72 + Boost, so we had no secondary butterflies.
DAMN disconnect the vaccum hose from the secondary butterflies, they will stay OPEN!!! I have a gsr intake manifold at home and I can tell you that the "primary" runner are samller than the one of a Y7 manifold lol....your friend will gain a ton of power with the secondary open!

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
B20BbenN said:
DAMN disconnect the vaccum hose from the secondary butterflies, they will stay OPEN!!! I have a gsr intake manifold at home and I can tell you that the "primary" runner are samller than the one of a Y7 manifold lol....your friend will gain a ton of power with the secondary open!
damn, good info :TU:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Awesome work Ryan! Tuning is fun :)

V

·
0 Posts
thats awesome man! but i gotta say thats one ghetto ass dyno with the box fan and all...

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
vash_vts said:
but i gotta say thats one ghetto ass dyno with the box fan and all...
its set up for RVs and Diesel trucks, so there really isnt a fan there for small cars. notice the name of the place, lol. we jut made due with what we had

1 - 20 of 31 Posts