Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still thinking about what I want to do right now, but I definitely want to go nitrous. Just not sure how I should set up the motor, a D16A6 with P08(Z6) head, that's set up for all-motor duty with spray when at the strip.

Right now, I'm thinking of using stock rods(LS) with ARP rod bolts, PDN pistons; which yeilds roughly 12.35:1 CR on the Zealautowerks/Carspower calculator. Otherwise, everything is stock minus the head and plugs are at least 1 step colder.

Question is, how high do you guys think I can go with this setup? I tried to find other people running nitrous with D-series but can't really find much info.

Also, the nitrous configuration I want to use is direct port dry shot(at least 65hp) with fuel management controlled by the ECU (Crome? If not, Neptune).

Thanks, Kevin.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
contact 24-7 or transzex for nitrous help, there are many members on here that are nitrous affiliated, those 2 are just off the top. ill bump but i have read and many have said that nitrous loves compression. so you may be in good standings considering all mods have been taken to support said set-up

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Stock rods because I don't want to spend a lot on a D-series motor and they're usually lighter than aftermarket ones(I vs. H). :) Also, I have a set of LS rods already. I've read of B-series motors being able to take around 300hp stock and such. If the motor blows, a F22A is going in :D

Also, I've noticed that Crome doesn't have any support or readily plug-ins for Nitrous; but Neptune has everything I'm looking for(including ITB tool). Can anyone recommend any tuning shops around NC(minus P1) that sells Neptune? Also, is it possible to buy Neptune and have someone else tune it(I wanted either [email protected] or [email protected] but I don't think they sell/distribute Neptune)?

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll talk to them and see what else they're using. Reason being is I couldn't find a script for Crome that will retard timing and enrich fuel only when a button is pressed. I don't want to make one either because they have a lot of guys working on their own times putting together scripts that doesn't really have everything I need and doesn't always work...I'm sure I have less experience then the guys on there so my efforts would probably be futile.

Neptune, on the other hand, has such feature I need listed and also has other tools that would probably help(mainly the ITB Tool).
I know that Jason at Phantasm would be more than willing to tune with Crome or Neptune(although he prefers AEM EMS) as long as you provide the software and whatnot, just not sure about RLZ. In my opinion, RLZ>Phantasm; but in this case right now I'd rather have Neptune over Crome.

Also, are you boosted? My cousin got his LS/VTEC tuned at RLZ(put down 175whp NA, GSR head, i/h/e, and Wiseco 11.5:1 pistons), and they told him they don't really mess with Naturally Aspirated motors much. They spent almost a whole day tuning his car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts