Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody hit 400hp on a non vtec set-up? Had me wondering. I was going to go for it over the winter. Right now I'm at [email protected] on a 57trim T3/T4 on a y7 with eagle/vitara combo. I was going to get a bisi cam and upgrade the turbo. Thinking about a SC61 and turning up the boost. I actually have a z6 head at the house, but I'm going to be stubborn and go for it.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
yep, plenty have people have seen over the 400 mark without vtaaaak. in fact some prefer it without

EDIT: I stand corrected, some who I thought were non vtec actually are, i can find anybody, i thought i remembered a guy with an a6 hittin around 415whp...

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Anybody on here by chance over 400 w/o vtec? If so what turbo and how much boost
its not hard. just use a ported y7 head with a good cam and youll get it no problem

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i don't think i've ever seen anything over like 150~160
i am pretty sure DarkCreep was refering to bisi with this one.. bisi doesn't use vtec in his set-ups.

Has anybody hit 400hp on a non vtec set-up?
as far as i know, no. but they are all close. mos don't stick with it or do head work. they just keep cranking the boost. if your going to go for the big numbers, get a big cam. just make sure you follow up the big cam with some good head work.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
From what I've been told, you have the highest HP non vtec SOHC setups. I was actually searching for your user name this past weekend. A few people wanted more details on your setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Set-up as follows

Stock y7 head w/ valvetrain Skunk2 IM B16TB
3Bar map
Greddy profec-b old style
rc750 injectors
autoworks a/c turbokit w/ log mani
2.5"-3" Dp ebay 3" catback
57trim T3/T4 turbo w/ 38mm tial (14lb.spring)
innovative trans and motor mounts
XTD stage 4 clutch and flywheel
eagle/vitara combo 75mm
arp head studs oem headgasket
tuned on crome
268hp/[email protected] pump
340/[email protected] 116race

Think thats it. May be forgetting something

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey greg, do you sell a turbo thats about the size of an SC61? I was looking at your site and saw the T3 60-1. Anyone with a D you know that's running one?

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
i think if you switch to a cast manifold if your worried about AC or something better you will see a pretty decent gain. The SS log like you have is a really nice piece but only so far. Id also look into a bisi 1.2 cam for no/minimal head work or a 2.4 for a worked head. With the cam alone you could probably see a really nice gain.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
VTEC only gives you so much man.

Whats the highest HP achieved with an N/A D16?
Without using Nitrous of course.
coming from a guy who needs other people to make him a list on what to buy for his car STFU. you got a lot to learn before you make suggestions here.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
its been done but they just hardly ever post on forums. trust me its possible

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
Seriously, SOHC VTEC only does so much.

But prove me wrong, one way to learn.
trust me i don't advocate vtec lmao. vtec is overrated in the sohc world and im not going to explain myself when there is mountains of info in this site. vtec is all about preference in the sohc game in my opinion. there are many pro's and many con's of vtec and non vtec set-up's. if you still don't know im not the one to teach you. im just not in the mood to spoon feed you any info at the moment.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts