Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says it all... just looking for some affordable freakin pistons because everything else is ridiculously expensive : \

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Start at about $1000 for the rods, pistons, machine needed for the pistons, D15B VTEC crank, Cometic head gasket, etc.

Helping build a SCCA F Prod/NASA Perf. Touring motor with 12.2:1 compression.

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
ok that takes care of the rods, now for the OP's question about pistons.. idk i'm in the same boat as u... BUMP for an answer.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
will the gx piston not work? i got this from the zeal calculator...
Only if you have a JDM D15B or using Z1 rods, I'm assuming you have the JDM D15B VTEC? If so, it should work fine unless you run into valve-clearance issues.

Also, Transzex, he's asking for OEM pistons.

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
1,233 Posts
I did everything you did on the Zealworks but only thing i changed up was the pistons,I changed them to p29's and it gave me an effective ratio of 16.5:1???That seems high for what i entered.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not terribly expensive, but not cheap either. try www.hondaautomotiveparts.org

$198.94 Shipped for STD pistons
$145.46 Shipped for .25 OS pistons
$198.46 Shipped for .50 OS pistons

$122.66 Shipped for OEM rings for any size.... Bought all together should lower shipping a bit.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
thx, great responses! was def looking at those fjt rods... the engine i'm using is more of a z1 clone d15b (the vtec-e) but i'm pretty sure it's the z1 spec crank and rod size... i hope :S well i guess this will be something of an experiment lol

Single Cam D said:
I did everything you did on the Zealworks but only thing i changed up was the pistons,I changed them to p29's and it gave me an effective ratio of 16.5:1???That seems high for what i entered.
compression height on p29s is also too great for the d15 deck, according to the calc a z1 spec engine needs a 27.75mm height piston to be flush with the deck and the PMS is the closest fitting dome piston

1 - 15 of 15 Posts