Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see it in a search. Do those of us with the JDM D15b motors have any options for higher compression pistons?

I have a class I'm trying to fit into and it requires me to keep the car under 1.5L and N/A.

I'm contemplating a high compression and ITB'd 1.5L, possible?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Call Bisi @bisimoto.com He is the KING of 1.5L. I know he has ran real high comp. I just am not at liberty to say what he said. He might tell you though. I am at 13.5 to 1 right nowI can say that much.
Don

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Bisi is using a B2 or B7 block though, which uses the "normal" compression height.

You can use PMS pistons from the D17 GX engine, it'll bump compression up to like 10.8:1

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Bisi has done alot of different setups. When I was living down the street from him, he woudlnt always tell the truth. (and he no longer uses the D block) Nobody wants to tell the whole story about their motors. But if anyone can direct you in the right direction, its him.
I have p29's in my d15b (jdm) motor now. Wish I decked the block a little though. Maybe next time.
Don

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Well P29s in a JDM D15B(VTEC) puts you at like 15:1 compression, unless you're using a shorter rod which will put you at ~10.5:1 compression.

Are we talking about the same engine? With the non-VTEC head, compression will be around 13.5:1 like yours.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still want it to run on pump gas though guys. I suppose 11 or 12:1 is about as high as I want to go.

Sounds like the GX pistons are the ticket. Anyone have a link to some more information about them in the D15b?

You know the hell of it all is that my dad works for a piston company but they don't make D-series pistons.....

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I have a non vtec d15b. And had the head milled .040 but I am running carbs so i can run a higher comp on pump gas. Yes sir you are correct

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I don't think so, the PMS pistons uses a press-fit pin like the stock Honda, and IIRC the eagle H-beams are floating pin. You can have the grooves cut in though to use floating pins.

·
Registered
429 Posts
guys i wanna know

can i use P29 pistons plug 'n play with stock d15's rod in my d15 block with d15b / d16z6 head ?

if not, what pistons i can use for my engine

thx

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I use them all the time in the street motors I build. You shouldnt have any issues

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bringing this back from the dead. Looks like my dreams of a turbo will be waiting, I'm going N/A for now.

So, where's the cheapest place to get the PMS GX pistons? Being a newlywed with too many hobbies has killed my budget, but hopefully I'll be able to pull off budget build before my first event.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ok, so if I get the PMS pistons (GX), then what rods can I use? I can use Eagle H-beams (or equivalent) for a D16z6 right?
Just use the stock rods. It's tough to make enough power on stock rods for them to be a problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.