Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight coming home from Hwy 100 (the cruising place for tuners in my area) i did 80-85mph the entire way back on the freeway (about 12 minutes). After i got off the freeway my car felt noticeably more responsive and even a little quicker. Could the joggging cruising speed of 80 have cleaned out the carbon buildup or something in my motor making it run better? Has anyone experienced this before? I was very happy with the unexpected results of trying to get home a little sooner. Just thought i would post this up and see what some people have to say about it.

Peace

Reactions: Black91CRXsi

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Yeah, it couldve cleared things up a bit. Especially if the car is mosty used for putting around town. It's good to romp on it every once in awhile.

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's very cool. The car is usually used to putter around town so that must be the case. All i have to say is...sweet. It was really a very noticable change. Thanks for the quick repsonses gentlemen. I love this site.

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Feel free to keep on posting up any more ideas or whatever you may have to say conerning this thread, i love to hear everyone's input.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
other than maybe cleaning the plugs, you might have changed the long term fuel/timing tables.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts