Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommended places to get one? I didnt see any at Summit =[ I googled for it but all I'm finding is 92-95 Civics, and 96-00 Civics 'without VTEC' (I think they are talking about the Bseries ones though because they mention del sols and Si's) That website was: http://www.4alterstart.com/highoutputalternators/

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
if alterstart doesn't stock it...they will make it for you...
i contacted them in the past
should be the same price as what they stock too !

·
Registered
138 Posts
ohio generator is another company that either stocks them or can make one. What type of output are you looking for? You can also get your alternator re-round and it will increase the output.

·
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need an alternator that can handle a decent stereo (2 x 100 watt door speakers and a 10 inch sub, probably 300 watts) as well as a computer that will probably draw 100 watts, maybe more, and a few other electronics ;) I just want room to grow with it =]

I will probably contact both those companies and see what can be done. Thanks guys :TU:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
ohio generator is another company that either stocks them or can make one. What type of output are you looking for? You can also get your alternator re-round and it will increase the output.
I was about to say Ohio Gen, you should have seen the SPL truck they had.

EIGHT alternators I believe........talk about a LONG belt!

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
chris I bought a 135amp alternator from ebay. I was able to run 1550 rms full audiobahn stereo system in my old ej1. I ran 2 12" subs with 2 sets of 6.5" componets set 3 amp one per sub and one for the componets. but I also had a 1 frap capacitor. that shit was fucking loud as hell. you was able to feel the sub inside the house.

·
Registered
234 Posts
if thats all you plan on running you could probably get by with a good battery. Kinetic makes a damn good one. Their 800 battery is what I use in mine and I have about 2000 watts rms between the two amps and it does ok, but ill eventually get a second battery and possibly an alternator.

·
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if thats all you plan on running you could probably get by with a good battery. Kinetic makes a damn good one. Their 800 battery is what I use in mine and I have about 2000 watts rms between the two amps and it does ok, but ill eventually get a second battery and possibly an alternator.
I'll probably go with a decent optima or something, because I know i'll want to sit there and play with my toys while the car is off. Probably get a... red top? Or yellow, whichever is the deep cycle... But the alternator is a good idea regardless.

and when you comin back?
Soon man, soon. Should be in KS on the 20th. Glad to see you're still hanging around :TU:

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
chris I bought a 135amp alternator from ebay. I was able to run 1550 rms full audiobahn stereo system in my old ej1. I ran 2 12" subs with 2 sets of 6.5" components set 3 amp one per sub and one for the components. but I also had a 1 frap capacitor. that shit was fucking loud as hell. you was able to feel the sub inside the house.
I will need to do this. Thanks man.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
I will need to do this. Thanks man.
no problem. but when I put mine together it took abit cause I match everything to work. in the sense of I wasn't going for SPL or stage sound more of a well round surround sound so that I got a very full sound. now if I was you both of chris I would go with a stage sound. a componet set in the front with a 10" sub. thanks that setup to duck who force fed me that set up till I heard it in his car and I like.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Eclipse components in the front, and some kinda 300 or 350 watt 10" sub in the back is my plan ;)
very nice but now have you determind what amps you're going with. the simple fact is you don't want to under power you subs but not over power them either. my subs were 500watts rms and my amps were 550watts rms. I ran my amps at 80% but around 20-25htz in a seal box which gave me a crispy bass and not sloppy. cause once you start dipping under that all you're doing is pushing air and can't hear it. but I will state this a tune vent ported box does sound good too. but it's a perfrence. the good thing about a ported box is you can have a small sub but it sounds big.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
some of us can hear below 20 Hz. I do mean hear and not just feel. I tested down to 16 Hz by David Navarone. Now the higher freqs is where my hearing is shot.

·
Registered
98 Lx sedan
301 Posts
I believe a B-series alt is 80 amp. you just have to fab a new upper bracket to fit it. I put a D alt on my 90 DX with Ls swap when the B alt died. I just made a new bracket and presto. It should work for what you need. just get a good belt since the B has 4-rib and you have to run a 3-rib on the D.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
some of us can hear below 20 Hz. I do mean hear and not just feel. I tested down to 16 Hz by David Navarone. Now the higher freqs is where my hearing is shot.
yeah the bitches. lol.

it's so true on the hi freqs. I will state that when I tune I get a really good classical music cd. when the to the hi. I only do it in small doses cause your ears get numb when they get hit for to long. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
most local rebuild shops can put higher out put regulator in your alt for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts