Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just curious to see what people thought on here, as to the pros and cons of running high octane fuel (you know, something like cam2) in their civic.

I know obivously in a built motor it will be beneficial...but what about in a mildly modifed car with the usualy I/H/E? The cat needs to be gone, but other than that? And for the most part im talking running a high ocatane (100+) and 93 octane blend..

Ive heard everything from its good for more power, to itll mess with a bolt on motor...Opinions?

·
Banned
424 Posts
not sure on your question but where in NH are you? im in hinsdale

·
Registered
869 Posts
I was reading somewhere if your compression ratio isn't set up for that high of an octane then your just spending money

·
Registered
CRX, Wrangler
397 Posts
If you have stock compression there will be zero benefit to running high octane fuel.

Zero.

Octane rating is the fuels' ability to resist exploding under pressure - NOT the amount of 'power' in the fuel.

-Des!

EDIT: Read up on octane on Wikipedia or something - there's so many myths regarding octane, it's amazing.

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
If you have stock compression there will be zero benefit to running high octane fuel.

Zero.

Octane rating is the fuels' ability to resist exploding under pressure - NOT the amount of 'power' in the fuel.

-Des!

EDIT: Read up on octane on Wikipedia or something - there's so many myths regarding octane, it's amazing.
you are correct sir!!!!
yeah the higher the octane the more it resist detonation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts