Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has always seemed to had a low idle since i bgot it and now i have a high idle after doign soem maintenance and returnign parts to stock. i had decided to change the fuel filter and in doing that i broke the fuel pressure gauge plus the fitting that was used for that gauge was weird and didnt want to tighten rigth. so whiel i was at the junk yard i picked up the right bolt for the fuel line and a stock fuel pressure regulator. i have an obd0 ecu but the injectors are obd1 so i picked up a regulator from z6. i had bosch platinum plugs but i switched to ngk due to lots of godo advice. i dont seem to have any vacuum leaks at all btu the idle is high around 1100 - 1500 once warmed up and it varies. anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ply with the air bleed screw on the throttle body. Check for vacuum leaks. Do you have any codes?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,459 Posts
wrong injectors for ECU....

What year Ford motor into a Pontiac with GM fuel system??????

We need details........you need to clean your typing up a little. Doesn't have to be perfect....but don't make our brains hurt as well!

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it went back down.i have a 89 crx. it uses a obd-0 ecu with obd1 injectors with no resister box. the car runs good but the idle sucks it fluctuates and its real low. after i did all thsi maintenance this weekend and fixed a wire behind the seat the engien light doesnt come on anymore. i think ill change the idle valve next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts