Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since im running turbo with a 2.5 inch downpipe and 3 inch exhaust, can i get away with running just a 2.5 inch high flow cat? the 2.5 is alot cheaper than the 2.5-3 inch one. i dont want to run a test pipe because i dont want to get caught with it on here in socal.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
getting caught with the greddy kit will be just as bad.......

since it wasn't CARB'ed on the 88-91.

Best bet.......get the hell out of Cali!

Get a Magnaflow 3" cat, $84 CARB legal replacement

Jegs #642-94319

Almost everything else is gonna be 49 state only.....

BTW, excellent avatar!

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Jegs #642-94319

BTW, excellent avatar!
yeah but i heared that its a felony in ca if you have a test pipe. if thats the case, id rather get caught with the greddy kit and a cat, than the greddy kit with a straight up pollution pipe.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Jegs #642-94319

\
BTW, excellent avatar!
how could i make this connect to my 2.5 inch dp? or will it bolt up fine? i dont really want to get a 2.5-3 inch converter high flow.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
the d15b is considered a direct swap in california for the z6. and there is no reason you can not swap a z6 into a crx. there for the 92-95 ex kit is carb legal for the crx. no greddy kit was made for the a6 or b7. but since the d15b is considered a direct replacement. i dont see the qualms in that.

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the d15b is considered a direct swap in california for the z6. and there is no reason you can not swap a z6 into a crx. there for the 92-95 ex kit is carb legal for the crx. no greddy kit was made for the a6 or b7. but since the d15b is considered a direct replacement. i dont see the qualms in that.

:wtf: lol, i was asking about a high flow. here in ca, you cant swap the z6 into a 88-91 hatch or crx without doing a complete engine harness swap=no jumper. you have to convert to obd1 the right way. i guess the same would be for the d15b since its the replacement. i failed smog 2 years ago and got sent to the ref with my z6 in my hatch. had to swap motors back to the a6 to save the hassle of all the wiring cuz to wire the ED, you need to rewire the whole damn car front to back. oh well, i since swapped motors back and went to get smogged and passed. some places dont even care as long as you pass the sniffer, i just got lucky i guess

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
my post was in response to the understanding that transzex was talking about the greddy turbo kit. he said greddy kit. thats all. thats why i i said what i did. maybe i read it wrong.
and yes you need to convert obd-0 to obd-1 to pass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts