Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 civic cx with a d16y8 and i have header and exaust withno resonator or cat and it is really loud and sounds like crap and i dnt wanna pay 200 for a cat so i was thinkin about buying an ebay one i dont care about emissions or nethign i just want it to make it sounds better and if they dnt workd does nebody no of ne cheap ones that do

i searched couldnt find nethign on sound

tia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a thought, but "anything" only requires one more letter. It sounds much more intellegent, and is far easier for others to read and understand. You would probably even get more replies. But to answer your question, I don't know of anything that might help you. But a word of advice, you typically get what you pay for.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok will tht make it sound good

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think you would just have to find out and see, Ive heard of people liking it and people not, its pretty hit and miss with a resonator off ebay, whose to say your getting the same thing as the next guy. It should quiet it down tho.

Also have you taken a look at your muffler? Is it in good shape? If your muffler is fucked then anything else you do is like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound:D

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thnx ill try tht

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Why not just go to your local muffler shop and have them put a resonator on? You will have to have them put one on for you anyway. That way you can do it now instead of waiting

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet i just orderd one

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will they have them in stock there

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
If its a reputable muffler shop they should have them in stock for sure

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
shit im bout to do that now how much u think it will cost for all tht

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok thanx for the help guys

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Labor yes. But they will end up charging you more if you dont buy the part from them . I know we do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts