Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 856 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I decided to switch classes this year and do a turbo build. I'm hoping for 225 whp and a lot of torque down low. If I make much more than that, I'll have to dial it back a bit. There is a such thing as too much power for what I'm doing. My compression should be 10.9:1. I wanted to use E85 as fuel but the race season will be here in 5 weeks and I'll be lucky to have this together/tuned in time on pump gas.

D16a6 block
75.5 vitara pistons
Fjt custom length rods
Y8 head milled to 22cc combustion chamber
Y8 cam
Y8 intake manifold
Rc 750 injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
2" inter cooler / piping
3" exhaust
Gt1752 turbo / Hf manfold

Here's some progress pics

Vitara piston out of the hole .005
Still some clay on it from checking the valve clearance. Plenty of room for a bigger cam later.

Inter cooler and piping mock up on the old race engine

New Clutch

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can't wait to see dyno numbers
Yeah. There's some debate around here on how high/low they're actually going to be. :sweatdrop:

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Im for the rest of the build. I've been mulling over doing a high comp vitara build. Hope yours goes well. :bigok:

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
i love above normal turbo friendly compression builds it will be worth it .

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
9-10:1 + tiny turbo = should make for a very very responsive turbo motor/set-up... though i wouldnt be surprised if you went a size up on the turbo to keep the wheels from always spinning....

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
9-10:1 + tiny turbo = should make for a very very responsive turbo motor/set-up... though i wouldnt be surprised if you went a size up on the turbo to keep the wheels from always spinning....
If I'm spinning 275s with the MFactory metal plate lsd, I'm making to much power and I'll dial it back until I don't spin them.

So where are the high compression pistons?

I only see some puny Vitaras!
High comprerssion head with a 22cc chamber ftw! I don't see the point in using a ratio lower than 9.5:1 for a turbo engine but, almost 11:1 is high enough for me. I've never tuned a turbo engine before. So, I figured I might as well go for broke and see if I can tune this one. I hope I don't blow it up.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
this sounds like fun :yes:
subscribed for results :D

1 - 20 of 856 Posts