Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am new to this forum but have been on many other forums. i am looking for someone/shop that knows what they are doing when tuning high compression turbo, around the louisana/texas area. not looking for comments like "what are you thinking" or "that's so stupid" useful info will be much appreciated. i have never turbo'd a d series but have had an ls vtec setup that made 460hp on 15 psi. so i'm not real new to turbo honda's, just d series which i am sure is close to the same, if not easier. lmk thanks

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
its really no different than tuning a low compression F/I car, the tuner just has to know the compression is high to start with lower timing.
Exactly

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. i had actually checked out t1 prior to posting this. lol. just wanted to know if it was a sincerely good place. on my lsvtec setup, i went to a local shop similar to this one with all the "hype", got the car tuned for 20lbs and blew a cometic hg 10 min from the track. in turn the blown hg let water in where it shouldn't have been and crack one of the cylinder walls in 2 diff places. internals were good though. new block and hg and she was good to go again (without their tune lol). also i never play before i get to the track on those nights anymore. lessons learned :(

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
T1 is a great tuner... now you will be on a waiting list for about 2-3 months to tune im sure.

his pricings:
Motec tuning - $800
AEM tuning - $700
Hondata tuning - S300 - $500
Hondata tuning - K Pro - $600
Haltech tuning - $700
FAST - $700
Accel DFI Gen 7 - $700 - must provide Calmap cable

and more than likely he will upsell you on a lot of stuff...

PERSONALLY, im on the fence about T1 and i live 45 min to an hour from his shop here in texas. granted he is the best tuner in the area, his ego kinda drives me away from the shop... but he was the first person to break into the 8's with a 3 peice front end car and has one of the fastest cars in his class (him [8.50] and miller from NRG Tech [8.37]).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah as far as the t1 tuning goes, i may very well go to him. idk yet. i'm not running any of the systems he has on there. my ecu is currently tuned by way of a demon and neptune rtp. i have sent him an email, just waiting on the response. as far as beating on the car omw to the track the only part that sucked was that my truck and trailer were back at the house and that was the first time i didn't trailer a car to the track. it just sucked because it blew and i caught hell just trying to get someone to pick me up in bfe and bring me to my truck. lol. but yeah t1 is about 7 hours away from me if he will tune it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well t1 is out of the question. he replied saying that he doesn't tune with neptune, and i'm not gonna spend the money on the s300 when my setup now does all the same stuff for less than half the price. oh well. back on the hunt

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
he use to tune neptune... one reason i wont run neptune is because no one around me does tune it no matter how much cheaper it is.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah that bites, hopefully i can find someone though. i think jason (stoopified) will tune neptune, just don't know the number or how to get in touch with him anymore

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
you dont want st00pid to tune your car unless you want it to blow up..

last i knew he wasnt tuning anymore, atleast didnt have a shop anymore... basicly he was the peak power maker and most of the car he tuned got their asses whooped from lower HP cars because he gave no midrange just peak. he was also very aggressive and a lot of the cars he tuned blew up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well hell. lol. back to the drawing board. lol. there are still a couple other shops around baton rouge that i haven't used yet but didn't want to go to them because i feel they are less experienced and didn't want to turn into a guinny pig. lol. anybody else?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
try alamo in arlington, tx. or cartune performance in arlington/pantego texas... they do some of the EFI tuning classes and whatnot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts