Honda D Series Forum banner

41 - 60 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Looks like theres not much you have to cut off the block to clear the slave less than I originally thought.....

In to see how much power the homemade brackets will take!!!!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
its looking good man! keep it up
Thanks bro!

Looks like theres not much you have to cut off the block to clear the slave less than I originally thought.....

In to see how much power the homemade brackets will take!!!!
Its about less then half the mount of grinding compared to the plate.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Ok so I am here with a request!!

Can you take a picture of the ground clearance, as straight on as possible directly lined up with the absolute lowest the pan/trans hangs?

Mucho Gracias, Senior.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ok so I am here with a request!!

Can you take a picture of the ground clearance, as straight on as possible directly lined up with the absolute lowest the pan/trans hangs?

Mucho Gracias, Senior.
Yes boss lol

Only thing is my civic is super low and the bumper is off so it won't bea issue. I just need to find a B series rear t bracket and front tq one.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Thats all good man, I mostly want to see how it positions itself VS the lowest point on the rad support.

I am just looking for as much info as I can possibly get before I buy mounts.

Hasport will sit the engine ever so slightly higher than Innovative.

PS, what brand B swap mounts did you use? Or just stock integra? or?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
My ionnovat crx b mounts sat the motor 1" lower then the hood.

I'm using a ebay auto to 5spd mount, ebay rear mount, and oem f22 engine. Had a issue with the trans bolt closes to the battery stripping/ breaking. Going to run a tq mount or make one. Ill take pic's once its in.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Yeah so you know about the differences in the heights and such.

If you have decent oil pan clearance, I'm going Innovative. If its a bit too close for comfort, I'll do the more expensive Hasports and risk the hood needing to either be SIR style (OMG that would be the best excuse ever to finally spend the money on the hood) or to cut the webbing.

No hood tilt. :D

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I'll try to measure the oil pan clearance between the F22A & b16/b18 tonight or tomorrow. I'll measure from the bottom of the flywheel so you can look at any b-swap pictures and get a good idea. At least one good thing can come from storing so many blocks in my garage.
That would be mighty white of you sir.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
I measured from the top front trans/engine bolt under the distributor on both a B18B1 and F22A6. I used the angle the b-series transmission mounts them in the engine bay.

13.5" = The distance the B18B1 oil pan & stock header bottom out below that bolt.
13.5" = The distance the F22A6 oil pan bottoms out below that bolt (I don't have a stock F22 header to test).

So the plateless F2B F22A6 has the same oil pan clearance as a b-series. The other H2B kits drop the front of the H/F oil pan down further due to the angle, so they actually have less clearance.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I measured from the top front bolt under the distributor on both a B18B1 and F22A6. I used the angle the b-series transmission mounts them in the engine bay.

13.5" = The distance the B18B1 oil pan & stock header bottom out below that bolt.
13.5" = The distance the F22A6 oil pan bottoms out below that bolt (I don't have a stock F22 header to test).

So the plateless F2B F22A6 has the same oil pan clearance as a b-series. The other H2B kits drop the front of the H/F oil pan down further due to the angle, so they actually have less clearance.

Man that sounds great!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Update time!

This is why I needed to get a new rear bracket

Turbo manifold looking good!

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Slave looks good to
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Alt bracket flux-cored ftw!~

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
I really like the fact that you have the option of running A/C most people dont care about this but im getting sick of hot summer days fast......

·
Registered
680 Posts
Could you post some pictures up of a front on shot of your turbo and altonator placement? I'm trying to find out if I can keep the stock altinator and mount the turbo lower almost underneath and still have enough room for my oil drain.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Could you post some pictures up of a front on shot of your turbo and altonator placement? I'm trying to find out if I can keep the stock altinator and mount the turbo lower almost underneath and still have enough room for my oil drain.
Np just give me a few days as it's COlD!

I drop he alt super low and kick it off to the side since I'm using the stock evo manifold.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Thanks man! I know how you feel it was really cold last week up here. The altinator bracket looks sweet BTW!
Thanks it's super close to being perfectly straight I just hope I don't have belt issues...... I had enough with the crx....:3dbiggrin:

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Bastard has a camera in his hand, is standing in front of the car, and takes no oil pan pictures. You bastard.

41 - 60 of 259 Posts