Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive done some searching around and ive found a couple companys that make d series high compression piston... anyway, the setup im looking forward in building will be a d16z6 w/ itbs, rods, stock crank, crower 3 cam, crower springs + retainers, crower +.5mm Valves... thats just a little run down, the question issssss; if this was your car, what brand of pistons would you throw on it and what compression. keep in mind this is going to be a daily driver w/ autox&drag on the weekends... aaaand mpg is not an issue with me.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It all depends on what kinda numbers you want to run. I know the OEM p29 are good for high compression obviously, and cheap. I saw a set of JE's once for 800 bucks. That is 200 bucks ea. 1 JE is more than 4 oems. But i don't know for sure how much abuse they can handle!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
endyn rollerwaves
I have those. Should last as long as any piston I suppose, as long as you're not running lean.
They have large reliefs to allow large cams without any problems.
Also, they are much cheaper than the 200 bucks per piston mentioned above.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Can you use aftermarket pistons on a stock Honda rod?
Or do you need to replace the rods with aftermarket rods to fit the aftermarket pistons? That would bump the price of the project up alot:cry:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
i'm sitting at the 45,000 mile mark on on 12:1 arias pistons. i think they only offer 11.5:1 shelf pistons now though.

:TU: thats what I was going to say too run!!

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
there is a guy local to me that has a set of 77mm d series pistons high comp for y8 11.5:1 comp he is very legit on my local boards the web site is www.cincinnatistreetracing and his name on there is boostme he is a very legit guy i have done 1 transaction with him and it went smooth ...thise pistons are custon made from JE and have less than 1k

·
Registered
639 Posts
^^^^^^
Honda part number fo these please!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, ive been really trying to decide on what compression ratio i want to run. while looking at the endynes i was deciding on either the 11.83-12.54:1 because its such a light piston compared to the others (252/80 gm)... like the other piston that has 13.16-14.06:1 weighing in at (285/80 gm). thats a pretty big diff, ya know? the 252/80gm piston is the lightest one out of all their aftermarket pistons. so many choices. i just really dont feel like spending more than 500 for a set, ya know? since ill be spending about the same on rods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts