Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm real new to this forum but I've been doing a lot of reading on different high comp D16 builds to try to put together a build of my own for my 93 Si hatch.

I know what pistons and bearings im going to use, but I'm not sure about what I need or should do for the head, head gasket & bolts, and if I should upgrade the ECU.

I'm trying for a 11.1:1 to around 11.6:1 compression ratio and according to the zealautowerks calculator I'll have a 11.6:1 comp with a stock z6 head gasket and 11.3 with a a6 head gasket, any recommendations for what head gasket I should use?

I'm also looking at different cams I should use, but I'm not sure if I should get different valves, springs, and retainers.

I'm going with NPR PG6 pistons and the Mahle/Clevite tri-metal crankshaft main & connecting rod bearings off rock auto and ARP or equivalent head bolts.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Z6 head gasket
Valvetrain upgrade will depend on cam and planned redline.
Use oem or king racing bearings
ARP headstuds are fine.

·
Registered
88 CRX HF
9 Posts
I'm interested in doing the same thing Z6 and PG6 pistons, and unsure what cam to use. Also concerned about piston to valve clearance, keep us posted on your progress

1 - 3 of 3 Posts