Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

first of all, its not about being the fastest d15 ever.

i'm planning to build a high compression d15b7 aiming for a low 14s to high 13s.

I've done a lot of search and got a lot of information of peoples using p29 for this setup.

i'm going a different route using some hard to find d13b pistons (pm1)(already have them) on stock b7 rods.
am going with the z6 head and intake.

info I got for this pistons are : +/- 3.5cc dome comp. height 30.8
with this setup according zeal comp calculator with a minor head milling will give me about 12.5:1 compression ratio.

now you input.

minimum cam requirement and other helpfull parts for this setup.

all this will be in a dx hatch eg

ps. only 95 octane fuel in this area.

all inputs are more then welcome.

tnx in advance

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The saying: There is no replacement for displacement, applies specifically to NA engines. Any reason you are not using a d16?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,661 Posts
Figure at least $2000 for the trans you will need. Maybe closer to $2500.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
the only advantage of the D15 is less rotating weight. And that is all I can think of.

Some people sat RTSR is a worthwhile difference, but the K series motors have a worst RTSR and people spin those past 9k rpms quite often

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
He has what he has and his goals are for him to set. Although correct the d16 also has more support therefor more parts on the open market to be found used and whatever......

If you wanna do it poke around on here a bit there are some old, none posting, members that did some sweet shyt with the d15 way way back when B-swaps were K-swaps, and single cams were used as boat anchors.

I say, regrind your cam, I dont know measurements but a good tuner will. There are lots of places you can look for names and numbers to call. ITBs, might be a sweet addition too if your looking for a screamer, they help open up some possibilities at WOT, steaming through 5th. Im sure there was a set around DSO somewhere's. CBR600 bike throttle bodies come to mind. A short exhaust path that doesn't come up through your hood, vent it behind front tire. Cheap options to free up money for that trans and suspension you will need for any amount of horse power to count......you have a long list of things you need to look at but your goal is achievable, you might go mad though.

edit: Almost forgot, there's a Bone thread here about a d15beast7 that might give you insight into others mentioned above.

Reactions: keel_hauled

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have thought about building one of these my self only because I loved my first mini me so much. I litterly hammered on that motor for over a 100k and it still be running today if it wasnt for boost and a bad dizy pulling a head stud from the block.

Go Fast D-Series Look at my Post from "Test the limits of D15b7!!!". Also I Would Make some miner But major Changes to the set up CBR 1000 ITBs aluminum flywheel very light car (CRX HF on a diet). For internals I would use JDM d15b vtec crank with GSR b18c1 rods (137.7mm) with arp hardware along with PMS d17 gx pistons with a vtec head and deck either the head, block or both to get the desired compression. I would do this because you get a longer rod ratio which is easier on the motor for High RPM also PMS pistons have a 21mm piston pin same as gsr rods. I did this set up on zealautoworks and its like 11.9 or 12.25 CR depending on which head you use.

Man I almost need to build on of these lol i have everything besides a real good cam and the rods and pistons

·
Registered
262 Posts
Go fast I got your message. I'm going to post my reply here so if any one else needs info on this they can have it. I recommend a cam from Rocket Motorsports you can look him up on Facebook. If you want to stay Non Vtec Use the Y7 head you have its just like a z6 head but with out vtec so make your calulations that way.

I would look at rod ratio with your d13 pistons this is what is important with high rpm which is what you will need with so little displacement. the d15 should be able to hit over 9000 rpm with out over speeding the pistions. With what I recommended if I were going to this build my rod ratio would be 1.63 which is pretty good. It's better then gsr or type R b18's

Heres some of my pics of my itb set up

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
there isnt really any "over speeding" a D series. the cylinder heads and camshafts are the weak point to high rpms. only turbo builds really benefit from spinning very high rpms, as the turbo can actually fill the cylinders

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
The heads can be matched up with some intakes from Speedfactory or other more custom jobs, and flow great, its the expense per HP number that gets people I would imagine. There are some serious benefits to upgrading to a b20 bottom b16/8 top and get myself 225NA and get along great in my sedan. Im not racing it anywhere, just want power on tap for those moments I feel the need to drive within the confines of the law.

Others need to conform to rules for racing or the other, I dig threads where people build single cams for this reason, keeps the spirit of stock Honda series racing alive for the next generation of Honda builders. Also leads me to want an FI setup for my car and keep with my D16 root(s).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts