Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at several cams and I am more confused then ever now. From what I have read about high c/r engines you can take advantage of a cam that will open the exhaust valves earlier for more high rpm output without sacrificing anything in the lower rpm band.

When looking at cams they have a ton of variations and was wondering if anybody had some personal insight on what to look for in a cam. I personally like to go fast quickly.

Any help or more reading material would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
149 Posts
I am just trying to find out what I nedd to be looking for.
I think that all you need is real numbers and proven results.
Every one of us wants to obtain max. power gains, and that's right.
Today, bigger numbers and better results leads to the only possible path: 'Bisi Ezerioha stuff.
Enough for me. :cool:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
is this a daily driver? pump gas?

if this is a race car then skip the vtec(its really for gas mileage) and just put a big ass cam in there

vtec will give you good power down low for street driving, but if all you do is race it then you're gonna be up in the 4-8K RPM range anyway

·
Formerly weebeastie
922 Posts
here you go

read my signature for a good a6 build.

Call Bisimoto and he will tailor the camshaft to your specific needs. Then check out Xenocron for an ECU and ask them to copy my base map or give you a similar one. Trust me, you'll like the outcome. Wish I had some numbers to throw out for you.

Trust me, no VTEC required. I've raced a GS-r and Prelude Si and neither one could keep up. I'm still looking for an RSX Type S, but I'll find one soon enough to run.

·
Registered
2002 Impala 90 Civic
3,040 Posts

Call Bisimoto and he will tailor the camshaft to your specific needs. Then check out Xenocron for an ECU and ask them to copy my base map or give you a similar one. Trust me, you'll like the outcome. Wish I had some numbers to throw out for you.

Trust me, no VTEC required. I've raced a GS-r and Prelude Si and neither one could keep up. I'm still looking for an RSX Type S, but I'll find one soon enough to run.
i think im going to build a nonvtec motor. rep for u

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is this a daily driver? pump gas?

if this is a race car then skip the vtec(its really for gas mileage) and just put a big ass cam in there

vtec will give you good power down low for street driving, but if all you do is race it then you're gonna be up in the 4-8K RPM range anyway
This will be my DD from now on after the first of the year. I can get 93 around here all day long. I can also go around the corner from my house and buy pretty much any brand VP racing fuel I need but hopefully the 93 will get the job done. I could care less about vtec honestly. Like I mentioned first I like to get up and go. :)

The problem with Bisimoto is I have no idea what to tell him. I guess if I tell him what I have he can come up with the right one. I would trust them to do whatever when it boils down to it. I am talking to chris right now as well. He has been very friendly and very willing to help. I think my engine will be very similar to yours.

·
Formerly weebeastie
922 Posts
PM me with questions

If you're going to mirror my build then just tell Bisi you need the same cam. He should remember it. And if he doesn't remember the specs, then just give him a list of mods of what you plan on doing and he will tell you what is best and also what is best for your budget!

He's an awesome guy and really is just a down to earth racer like most of us. He really just wants to see his customers happy and going faster!

PS I'm almost contemplating the Bisi Level 3 hardweld now because of how well the level 2 has performed! We'll see about it. Its too expensive for me right now.

Feel free to PM me for questions. Its a shame you don't live closer or I'd hook you up with my machinist! He's awesome. Runs an IHRA record holding 69 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland and Jerico 4 speed that runs 6.00 in the eighth mile.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a shame you don't live closer or I'd hook you up with my machinist! He's awesome.
I am always in NC. That is where I am from. I got family in the Lenoir area and my mom lives in Pleasant Garden right around Greensboro. I got family in Morganton and Boone and some around Duck at the cost. My dads parents live in Charlotte-well Pineville to be exact. :)

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
just call bisi tell him what your builing and what you wanna get out of the motor and he can make on for you. Another good cam is the exospeed Sr909 cam. Its like a st2 kind of cam but its a very nice piece. The big cam for high compression is actaully because it keeps the valves open longer and further which bleeds off static compression and actaully lowers your dynamic compression. Say your motor is 13:1 compression, a big cam could bleed it off to 12.25:1 or something around that. Thats just a generalization but you get the jist

1 - 13 of 13 Posts