Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, do you think that I could rich high 12´s???

I went to track yesterday and was really hot, 95-100 degrees.

My best time was:
rt 0.614
60 ft 2.092
1/8 8.682
1/4 13.49 at 102.57

I can´t do a good burn out cause my e-barke is not working that is kiiling my 60 ft´s

Also spinning in 2nd gear.

I´ll fix my e-brake this week, and waiting for 1.8-1.9 60 ft´s

Also, I was trying to make a fulll throttle shif, but if I do this the tires spin A LOT in second gear and some on third gear .

·
Registered
149 Posts
are you running street tires? burnouts on street tires don't really do anything cuz street tires are not made to heat up. With a better 60' time you just might get a 12.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
22x8x15 slicks but e-brake not working

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I´ll do, my problem is that I made the rear disc cobertion o my Sol, but e-brake wires are different, I think this week is gonna get fixed.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bet you could hit a high 12 since your reaction is decent and weather wasn't the greatest. If you could really heat up those tires you should be able to hit that mark though or at least a flat 13. Are you getting the track officials to put some water down right before your tires at least to help with the burnout? What was your 1/8th MPH?

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bet you could hit a high 12 since your reaction is decent and weather wasn't the greatest. If you could really heat up those tires you should be able to hit that mark though or at least a flat 13. Are you getting the track officials to put some water down right before your tires at least to help with the burnout? What was your 1/8th MPH?
1/8 mph was not printed on slips

And yes they put water but my car moves out of the water box allmost instantly.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
you will need atleast 104mph traps to run high 12.

With your current traps and 60ft times you could run a 13.0 @ 102-103mph if you can nail a 1.8 60ft times

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you will need atleast 104mph traps to run high 12.

With your current traps and 60ft times you could run a 13.0 @ 102-103mph if you can nail a 1.8 60ft times
My best trap was 105.6 at 13.8 seconds with full throttle shifting

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
get your 60 to a 1.7 and u can hit 12s..just go on a good day. maybe have the track official spray some vht in ur lane

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
well it depends on trap speed and 60 ft times....

If you can trap 104 with +/-1.8 60ft then you should be able to pull high 12's.
Remember this:
Higher 60ft times--> More wheel spin thus your car will develop more "speed" (more rotation). A good example is your burnout..You are spinning your tires but you are not moving anywhere but your speedo is sayin 15-20mph cause youre tires are actually spinning like if the car was moving at that speed.

Lower 60ft times---> Your tires grabed more--> less spin so..--> lower traps.

Weight is important but generally civics weight around the same range.

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
u get that oil leak fixed?

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I´m running 22x8x15 slicks at 10 psi, maybe using 14 psi and doing a good burnot with e-brake would help.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If your spinning your tires dont be scared to let it bounce off the limiter...try to time it perfect so that when u shift into next gear your RPM's will be up.....another thing is try preloading...it takes practice to do but when u get it down your launches will kick ass....im cutting 2.0 60fts with an open diff so there shouldnt be any reason u cant cut into the 1.8's with slicks... good luck! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts