Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im thinking about getting this, because I hate the stock antenna location and want to shave it. What do you guys think?

If you have had a bad experience in the past with hidden antenna's, so have we, and that's why we designed a universal hidden FM antenna that works! For a clean look on your Rod, Custom or Cruiser . Mount in any vehicle, Boat, RV or Motorcycle. The Tune Trapper antenna was designed to be hidden. Mount anywhere, in any position, in steel or fiberglass. Most vertical whip antennas are a 1/4 wave ground plane. The TT is a full 1/2 wave helical dipole, wound with several feet of wire and requires no ground. Each TT is hand tuned to resonance with special instruments. We use 95% braided sheild cable for virtual elimination of EMI electrical noise caused by engines, fans, wipers, etc. Beware of mini amplified antennas that make big claims. The TT antenna will not cause radio overload problems associated with amplified antenna's. These hand tuned USA made antenna's require no power. Your radio has all the preamp it needs built in, it's just looking for a properly tuned antenna to make it rock. Every TT is tested before being packaged. We guarantee it will perform.
It has a lifetime guarantee and looks pretty solid. Only $40 too..

http://www.ecshylites.com/page/page/761353.htm

·
Registered
93 honda ferio
423 Posts
shave it. I did mine since i took out all the speakers and radio it looks so much better without it..

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha nice remo! its been driving me nuts because i dont really give a rats ass about am/fm, but i picked up an HD radio kit for my carputer, and that i AM interested in.. so i need a nice anenna..

It will prolly go under my dash or just hanging from the headliner towards the back, painted black ;)

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
haha nice remo! its been driving me nuts because i dont really give a rats ass about am/fm, but i picked up an HD radio kit for my carputer, and that i AM interested in.. so i need a nice anenna..

It will prolly go under my dash or just hanging from the headliner towards the back, painted black ;)
my point exactly. the only time i like listening to the radio is when i'm in NYC, there more radio staions there than some states have. lol.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've used a few of those in the past, most recent was in my grandfather's coupe. Reception still is fine and you get a cleaner look. If your up for that, go for it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
yeah i posted a thread like this not to long ago, i'm going to shave mine, i just bought a block off plate for now off ebay for 5 bucks.. exceppt my antenna was alil block and i put in the the top vent of my car. works just as good as my old antenna.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
put the factory block off plate in my sol, pulled the wire into the rear bin and leave the antenna in there til i want it then i toss it on the dash

·
Registered
Soon to be all black
573 Posts
damn nice find. I shaved mine and now have no radio. I do have satellite radio but, the am/fm radio is nice from time to time. Very nice find. let us know if you get it, how well it works.

·
Registered
Soon to be all black
573 Posts
you do know if you paint you fm antenna you loose 1-2db of transmission rate incoming to you antenna
wow. now is that a big deal. It seems that the hidden antenna pretty much replaces the whole setup of the stock antenna, without any loss. or so from what I understand from what little reading I've done about this prod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Tune Trapper. It requires a Fark connector available from Maplins to terminate with the Jaguar coax. However, despite hiding it in the bumper, laying it the trunk, or on the parcel shelf, it only picked up the strongest signals.
Really disappointing because I wanted so badly for it to work. It won't replace the cortina aerial for performance unfortunately. Despit how ugly it looks, I've reverted to the stock aerial and binned the TuneTrapper.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts