Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 DX hatch
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the cheapest conversion to HID, using stock headlight housing. How does the beam pattern illuminate and is it worth it with stock housing? I have a 99 EK hatch.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
im going to be making some casper shields to night...

just bought my aluminum turkey baster...lol :)

·
Banned
108 Posts
with the hid kits on ebay i plugged it into my stock ek headlight and there was no glare and it looked nice.

go for it until you get an audi tt projector to retrofit.

·
Registered
Why two?
891 Posts
It should be fine as long as you have casper shields.. Mine work fantastic in my EG.

http://stores.ebay.com/mydepots

GREAT seller. He ships internationally from Taiwan, but the HID's work great, and the H4's come with small casper shields and high beams (that arent really bright, but they are higher up haha) AND a 14mo warranty.

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
and hid kit is better then stock! lol

·
Banned
108 Posts
i didnt use a projector and my cut off is fine on a stock oem 96-98 headlight.

i also linked the hid kit i bought.

and install took 10 minutes

·
Registered
501 Posts
hid pnp kits have glare no matter what you do. all your housing is a reflective housing. Yes casper shields help but you still get bleeding and glare.

and if you dont use a projector then you have no cut off since its the shield inside the projector that cuts off not the len.

my retro fit

this my friend is a REAL cut off

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
thats sick...

do you have a DIY somewere for this retro..?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
96+ housings suck for hid's with the casper shield. they have glare like a motherfucker.

i used fx35 projectors in my car, it turned out very nice. i only went with projectors because the glare was nasty with the casper shields.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts