Honda D Series Forum banner

HID kits

4K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  icarusdown 
#1 ·
ive done a little research and am still unsure on what to get. i really want/need HIDs. as most of u kno eg stock lights suck monkey balls..:thehump: i kno there are different bulbs. like 3000k,5000k,12000k etc.. what kit do you guys recommend/ Have on ur car. what size bulbs? prices? im interested in picking some up

Reactions: Levi
#4 ·
so the more k it is the brighter it is?

#6 ·
Not really brighter but a different color spectrum..I think. If you are putting them into stock housings then look into getting some caper shields to keep the glare down. I've heard the ones on eBay for 70 bucks are not too shabby. As for the bulb I believe you need the H4 or 9002 bulb, might want to double check that though.
Here:
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

#7 ·
link to the kits yall are talkin about?

#8 · (Edited)
just go on ebay. they everywhere.

3000k is going to be more of a yellow. i think 12000k is purple, correct me if i'm wrong. i put an 8000k kit into a buddies rsx with stock headlights and it looked fuckin titties. wasn't too blue, but they were bright

#10 ·
the only thing that i get confused about HIDs is when people talk about retro-fitting and how they're better in projection headlights and what not. don't mean to thread-jack but care to explain?

#11 ·
#13 ·
i have a set but my civic has those stock glass head lights light the lined in the glass i dont want them to be all glary and rice'e lol
and i dont want those ebay projectors

#15 ·
my HIDs on the EF from camp1320 :TU: more expensive than the ones on my EG but about the same light output.

cutoff? who cares these are aimed down towards the passenger side ne wayz

have not been hi beamed in my EG with the egay 6k, but once from a new lexus(with HIDs mind you) in my EF.

my 6ks look way bluer than they are since the fogs were on. lights are aimed way too far down since my adjuster wont go up anymore but still not blinding.

#16 ·
4200K is the brightest...

the higher you go you just change the color of the light and lose a lil brightness...

i went with 4200k with a custom blue tint, this way, it has the brightness as well as the color i wanted...

#17 ·
i def want a blue tint to it..are they hard to install or what? i dont kno jack shit about HIDs but would love to learn

#19 ·
what exact kit did u go with?

#20 ·
My wife bought me mine from CQlight.com. I got the 6500k high/low kit. It's very clean and minor blue light. DON"T get the dual bulb or high/low crap like I did. the high beam sucks. Half the time it gets stuck and doesn't work. I'm going to go single when one dies and get some projectors to retro.

#28 ·
#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.